Here ya go:

Home:

Away:
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Love the away lid.

Comment

Fuck them
      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
      - Daft

Comment

because of trades?
        poop

Comment

Yes, I'm done wearing the new stuff. It's symbolic of the Loria ownership. And while teal is symbolic of the Huizenga ownership, Wayne would have never done what Loria did.

Comment

I'm with Omar and Festa. I'll probably check out the new stadium this year, but I'll be wearing a Florida Marlins or SK Wyverns stuff.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Stock up on the 1993-2002 gear. They'll go back to it in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
                Wayne would have never done what Loria did.
                Is this like Wayne never did it so he would never do it like the Braves needed Uggla to make the playoffs because he was on the team that made the playoffs?

Comment

Yes, I'm done wearing the new stuff. It's symbolic of the Loria ownership. And while teal is symbolic of the Huizenga ownership, Wayne would have never done what Loria did.
                  Is this sarcasm?

Comment

Uhh Wayne was the 1st firesale right?

Comment

How many times did he get a new stadium and then firesale one year later?

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                        Uhh Wayne was the 1st firesale right?
                        Yeah and? The situation in baseball was very different back then and failing to lock down a stadium in 1997 pretty much ended any likelihood he was going to own a team for much longer. He was one of the biggest opponents of ending the strike in 1995 and made it known he was not happy at all with the economic system. Although the firesale was the worst move he could have made, the move made sense from a business perspective if he wanted to sell the team. Before that, he had run three pro teams and built winners with a long term vision in mind and put capable people in charge and did not meddle with his executives, managers and coaches.

I'm not going to defend the first firesale, but he was a much better owner than Loria. But that is like picking which household chemical is healthiest to drink.

I still can't fathom how Loria and Samson think they can seriously own this team long term and build a fanbase. People are going to hold this firesale against them as long as they own the team. Atleast Huizenga knew he got what he wanted (a World Series) and was on his way out.

And please no one throw the Loria got a ballpark argument out there. MLB deserves more credit for restarting negotiations after the first OB deal fell through and they stepped in and began secret negotiations for a ballpark by the arena/Government Center.
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by Erick View Post
                        Is this sarcasm?
                        No it's not. It's a very serious topic.
                        Last edited by Party; 12-27-2012, 10:48 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Wayne didn't bring us a ballpark but he did bring us, ya know, a team.

Wayne is a Sofla legend. Loria is a rake.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Really like that away cap

Comment

Originally posted by Chewford View Post
                              Wayne didn't bring us a ballpark but he did bring us, ya know, a team.

Wayne is a Sofla legend. Loria is a rake.
                              This is hillarious. Wayne brought us a team but getting that stadium did save baseball in South Florida. The team and attendance may suck this year, but you won't hear anyone talk about moving the team and for that I'm grateful. I don't like what they did this offseason either, but have a little perspective. Wayne broke up a WS Champion. Loria broke up an unlikeable 69 win team (yes, Loria himself put that team together, but that's besides the point). I'm not saying to like Loria, I don't, but to have selective memory with Wayne and make him a "legend" now is funny to me.

The truth is we's had 3 pretty lousy owners here. They've each been lousy for a variety of reasons, but I'm still thankful for what they did accomplish (except for Henry...he did nothing except lie about building a stadium and then leave at the first chance). Hopefully whoever the next owner is will be better then the 3 men that preceeded him.
                              Last edited by fauowls44; 12-28-2012, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X