• Time
  • Show
Clear All

disgusting
    --------------------
    and I'd love to hear the argument for Aaron Sele
    Last edited by emkayseven; 01-09-2013, 01:29 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I don't understand the rationale of voting for Bonds/Clemens/Sosa and not voting for McGwire. Obviously it's because the others didn't get caught for the most part, but come on.

I'm disappointed Biggio didn't get in. Bagwell and Piazza should've been first ballot guys also. Curt Schilling also has a strong case if you weight postseason stats much higher than regular season stats, which you should.

I find it funnier that Julio Franco got 6 votes based on longevity than Sele getting a vote.

Comment

I do not think you should weigh 130 innings more heavily than 3300. Call me crazy.
        poop

Comment

Well I'd weigh those 130 innings heavily when the 3300 innings determine he's a borderline HOF player.

Comment

I agree with that. But it's not what you said before.
            poop

Comment

Well MY BAD for not phrasing it properly.

Forum Nazi. >_>

Comment

Nah. You just said something silly, than clarified. It's ok.
                poop

Comment

Sosa sure, but I can understand the logic on voting for Bonds/Clemens and not McGwire. I think most people feel comfortable saying those 2 would have made it if they never touched the stuff (based on the common perception of when they started/their careers to that point). Bonds definitely. Clemens, assuming you think he started when he got to Toronto, was at least borderline. Certainly can't say that about McGwire.
                  --------------------
                  I think all 4 should be in.
                  --------------------
                  You can't just ignore an entire era of baseball and they were the best of their era. It's not even an issue to me.
                  Last edited by HUGG; 01-09-2013, 10:58 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I feel like the moralizing of all of the BBWAA members is just an attempt to hide the fact they all kind of dropped the ball in a major way when steroids were actually an issue in the game.

These guys were either bad at their job or ignored what they saw. Most of the loudest ones have no credibility to me.
                    poop

Comment

I am on steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                        I am on steroids.
                        I'm still really failing to understand the problem with steroids.

I mean, sure, "against the rules" (Even though they're stupid rules, it's still rules, much like the pot thing in the MLB thread)

But some of the shit people were caught for were not against the rules at the time yet still get lambasted for it.

Steroids are fucking awesome with the worst side affect being, what, shrunk balls? THE HUMANITY!
                        --------------------
                        This entire thing is so fucking stupid and it makes me sad
                        --------------------
                        Also it's 5% to be on next ballot right?

Sad Lofton gets taken off so quickly

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/jaws_CF.shtml

His Career WAR and 7 year peak are basically equal to the HOF average for CF. You can make the argument against WAR and everything, but that still puts him as a borderline guy. He should have gotten more than 3%. He probably could have played for a few more years too if he would have taken the smaller paycheck.

There are worse things though like Lou Whitaker getting less than 3%
                        Last edited by nny; 01-09-2013, 11:29 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Now that everyone is on HGH, we can pretend that steroids altered the game.
                            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                              I am on steroids.
                              No Poster Hall of Fame for you.

Comment

we just don't know what type of posts mainge would have churned out if he weren't on steroids

he might not have even been able to use a keyboard for all we know

so yeah, he's not a HOFer
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X