Agent: Ricky Nolasco Wants Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agent: Ricky Nolasco Wants Out

NASHVILLE -- Pitcher Ricky Nolasco, the highest-paid player left on the Miami Marlins' roster after a series of moves that have gutted the team's payroll, wants to be traded, his agent told ESPN Monday.

Agent Matt Sosnick said that Nolasco reached the decision after the recent trade that sent Mark Buehrle, Josh Johnson, Jose Reyes, John Buck and Emilio Bonifacio to the Toronto Blue Jays. The deal prompted a major backlash among Marlins fans and subjected owner Jeffrey Loria to widespread criticism from media outlets.

"Ricky and I have spoken a lot since the end of the season," Sosnick said. "Just watching the way the offseason has transpired for the Marlins and the moves they've made, he and I agree that he would probably be better served playing somewhere else. If he had his druthers, he would pitch for somebody other than the Marlins in 2013 and beyond."

Nolasco, who turns 30 later this month, is 76-64 with a 4.49 ERA in parts of seven seasons with the Marlins. He has surpassed 185 innings four times in the past five seasons. With a base salary of $11.5 million next season, Nolasco is easily the team's highest-paid player.

When asked if Nolasco has made a formal request of the team to trade him, Sosnick declined to comment.

Nolasco isn't the only remaining Marlins player to express his disappointment with the team's new direction. Right fielder Giancarlo Stanton sent out a disparaging Tweet after news broke of the Miami-Toronto trade, and expanded upon those comments in a recent interview with the MLB Network's Peter Gammons.

"I do not like this at all," Stanton told Gammons. "This is the 'winning philosophy?' Then to say it's not about money? What is the motivation? There comes a breaking point. I know how I feel. I can't imagine how the city and the fans feel."

After trading Hanley Ramirez, Anibal Sanchez and Omar Infante in July, the Marlins dealt closer Heath Bell to Arizona in October and shed about $150 million in future salary obligations with the Toronto trade. Following the 12-player trade between Miami and the Blue Jays, Buehrle and his agent, Jeff Berry, said Marlins ownership misled them about the team's commitment to winning.

"I'm upset with how things turned out in Miami," Buehrle said in a statement. "Just like the fans in South Florida, I was lied to on multiple occasions. But I'm putting it behind me and looking forward to moving on with my career."
    They've been trying Ricky, but you really suck.
    --------------------
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/87...ins-agent-says
    Last edited by MiamiHomer; 12-03-2012, 06:09 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Lmao! Ricky wanting to be traded is hilarious. He should be praising the fish for all that money he got, which he is not worth!

Comment

Well, this will give Samson the public cover to get over his assertions that Nolasco would be here next year.

(Not that he cares what his customers think anyway)
      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
      - Daft

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeTgx_pj6m8[/ame]

Comment

They should honor his request and trade him to Chiba Lotte.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

ehe

Comment

Good. We want him gone, too.

Comment

cool. I was kinda worried they'd actually keep him here to save face.
                "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Leave it to Ricky Nolasco to bring the board together

Comment

NolasKKKKKKurve.

Comment

according to JCR the Marlins have not received a direct trade request
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I would imagine they also have received no outside interest in taking Nolasco's $11.5 million contract.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

I'm guessing some teams would be interested. Maybe not at 11.5 million but some teams would probably like to have him in the rotation.

Colorado because they have no pitchers.
                          Kansas City because Dayton Moore loves mediocre pitchers.

Just to name a couple.
                          --------------------
                          Also, the Angels.

If we could acquire Peter Bourjos, I'd pay half of Nolasco '12 salary + throw-in Escobar.
                          Last edited by Erick; 12-03-2012, 07:35 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

His punishment for being horrible should be to play on a horrible team.

Someone call Dayton Moore.

Cwutididthar?

Comment

Ok Ricky, we'll let you be traded if you take a pay cut to the amount of money your REALLY worth this upcoming season. Then some team will actually want to give us some prospects in return.

If you want to keep making $11.5 million next season, might want to pretend that you like it here.

Comment

Working...
                              X