X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah.

I would trade anyone if the offer is right

Comment

Yea, if the Rangers come and offer Olt and Co, I have no problem moving Stanton

but only after he turns down an extension. Offer him an extension first.

Comment

So basically if they do what they did with Uggla, the fans will be happy and we can all move on.

I'd trade him to.

I would imagine their would be a bidding war for Giancarlo. My wishlist includes Profar though.

Comment

Opinion on Uggla and Stanton are not the same
          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
          - Daft

Comment

My wishlist would include the top 3-4 prospects of the team's farm system. Nothing less.

Comment

I'm not sure there's any scenario where we can trade Stanton and the fans would be happy.
              --------------------
              Originally posted by Omar View Post
              Opinion on Uggla and Stanton are not the same
              And even so, the majority of fans outside SFM were pissed when Uggla was traded.
              Last edited by Mainge; 12-03-2012, 11:02 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                So basically if they do what they did with Uggla, the fans will be happy and we can all move on.

I'd trade him to.

I would imagine their would be a bidding war for Giancarlo. My wishlist includes Profar though.
                Stanton would not turn down an extension if it was fair on our end

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                  Stanton would not turn down an extension if it was fair on our end
                  Link?
                  God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                  - Daft

Comment

The Marlins are interested in Mark DeRosa.

Comment

Originally posted by Omar View Post
                      Link?
                      Stanton is going to make barely above $500,000 in 2013, and even a generous arbitration comp would put him maybe around $8 mil in 2014.

If he is offered 7/$85+ in line with Cargo, it's a no brainer for him. He can't risk his financial future as a twenty year old (he would be a free agent before he turns 30) just because he hates the marlins brass.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                        The Marlins are interested in Mark DeRosa.
                        Meh, not a fan of an injured, washed up utility player.

Comment

Well, I'm guessing that's all you'll be hearing about in terms of what the Marlins are interested in.

Comment

For the people who have interest

Don't expect alot from us at the Winter Meetings

Things we are looking for are

Vet MIF who can play 2B or UT(Ryan Raburn is top of list)
                            Cheap SP who can eat innings
                            Vet RP on a 2 or 3 yr deal at 5-7 million total deal

We are however shopping Nolasco and Escobar(NYY,Arizona,St Louis,Oakland) and looking for Minor Leaguers who will be ready for the majors in 2014(It will not be a salary dump tho) as for Stanton don't look for him to be dealt at the Meetings. The only way he will be dealt is if he tells the team he will not sign an extension or rejects one and we won't be making an offer or asking yet.

Look for us to be players in the Rule 5 draft as well as the minor league part,looking for MIF/RP help in the majors and 2B/SS help in the minors

Comment

The thing that really gets to me is Samson publicly saying that as soon as the ballpark was completed they would talk to Stanton about an extension. As far as I'm concerned, they haven't even approached Stanton.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                                Well, I'm guessing that's all you'll be hearing about in terms of what the Marlins are interested in.
                                Ryan Raburn
                                Mark DeRosa
                                Kyle Farnsworh
                                Peter Moylan
                                Jeff Karstens

All really depends on what kinda on contract they want,we are only really interested in lower level guys who will sign Minor League Invite deals or a RP we can get 2 years out of for about 5 mil

Comment

Working...
                                X