Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Meetings 2012 (Miami Marlins)

Let the rumors start!

Supposedly A-Rod and Jeter are going to miss a significant part of 2013 with injuries and the Yanks are looking to trade Granderson as well.

The Yankees are said to be desperate for help on the left side of the infield. We are desperate for a power hitter behind Stanton.

Maybe we can see them match up here. I believe Granderson is on the last year of his contract as well.

Any thoughts on the 2012 MLB winter meetings?

Don't think the Marlins match up with the Yankees at all

(outside of them just taking Escobar's contract off our hands for free)

Comment

I think it's going to be a very quiet winter meetings for the Marlins. Maybe move Escobar and Nolasco for minor league depth and that's about it.

Comment

Yeah. Maybe go after some bullpen guys, too. That's about it.

Comment

I would hate to get rid of Yunel though. I think he could be a productive #3 hitter for us. I like a 3-5 of Escobar-Stanton-LoMo.

Comment

What makes you believe that Yunel can be a productive 3 hole hitter

Comment

Escobar was awful last year.

Comment

Escobar's a solid player, he's absolutely not a 3 hitter.

Comment

He's a patient hitter, he puts the ball in play and doesn't strike out much. I think he'd do a good job at moving runners over.

Comment

that's not being a productive hitter for the 3 spot though
                    --------------------
                    also, Yunel saw 3.46 pitches per plate appearance last year

that's 133rd best in the majors

he's not even close to a quality 3 hole hitter
                    Last edited by Ramp; 12-03-2012, 10:18 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Good catch.

Any realistic options that you guys would like to acquire via trade/sign?

Comment

I would like to see them trade LoMo to a team that thinks he might still be worth something. I don't really see them making any drastic improvements to what they are going to put on the field next season.

Comment

I'd rather they keep Logan, see if he can turn it around here. Selling low on him seems like a terrible idea.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                            I would like to see them trade LoMo to a team that thinks he might still be worth something. I don't really see them making any drastic improvements to what they are going to put on the field next season.
                            After his last few seasons, I think he's probably more valuable with us than he is elsewhere.

I'd like to hang onto him through 2013 and see if he turns it around.
                            --------------------
                            Ramp beat me to it.
                            Last edited by Mainge; 12-03-2012, 10:46 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

@JonHeymanCBS: Agent joel wolfe says giancarlo feels "same" since unhappy tweet after trade. "It wasn't a reaction, it's a state of mind."
                              Twitter

Do you guys agree to trade Stanton if the offer is right?

Comment

Working...
                              X