No announcement yet.

Loria Nears Castro-like Popularity Levels in South Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like how hostile all the comments are now whenever the Marlins post anything to Facebook.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      I got to see the Herald's front page for their "Castro is dead" special section, whenever it happens.
      Post that ish!
      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
      - Daft

Comment

It says "Castro is dead!" as a headline, then has 18 pages of Calle Ocho from the night after
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I remember city of miami had a contingency plan of "filtering" the crowds that will surely erupt into the Orange Bowl for a big gathering. Wonder what the plan is now, maybe bayfront.

Marlins Park not big enough.

Comment

I don't think the crowds will be as large as they would have been in the early 2000s. Fidel is no longer the man in Cuba and Raulita has established himself. It's still going to be the biggest party ever to take place in Miami.

Bayfront Park is a good location, but Little Havana is still the center of the exile community. You can fit 41k inside and another several thousand in the plaza.

In front of the Freedom Tower on Biscayne Boulevard would be another location to consider. Already has held two Heat parades with over 100K people.

Whenever that day comes no one will be able to control the crowds. Calle Ocho, Bird Road, and 49th Street are going to be like the Heat and Marlins celebrations times 8.

Comment

Actually, that's one way Loria can restore fan confidence in the Marlins.

Kill Castro, throw a party

Comment

Itd be easier to trade him for a package of younger dictators.
                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                  Itd be easier to trade him for a package of younger dictators.
                  I'll give you a Daniel Ortega, Kim Il Jong and a Hugo Chavez for your Castro brothers - deal ?

Comment

Working...
                  X