No announcement yet.

Giancarlo: "I Do Not Like This at All”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for the whole "perennial All-Star" thing, I was just quoting Samson.
    --------------------
    Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Thats what I am talking about,you don't see to many catchers playing other spots. They had Salty,Ramirez,Teagarden.

While having Catching Depth is good in the system,the fact is only 1 can play at a time

Even Cleveland had the same issue,they had Carlos Santana and then got Lou Marson(Top 50 prospect at the time). Does anyone wanna know how that turned out? Marson is now 26 .220 5HR 60RBI as the backup C
    You absolutely missed his point despite making it for him.
    Last edited by Erick; 11-17-2012, 01:22 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Thats what I am talking about,you don't see to many catchers playing other spots. They had Salty,Ramirez,Teagarden.

While having Catching Depth is good in the system,the fact is only 1 can play at a time

Even Cleveland had the same issue,they had Carlos Santana and then got Lou Marson(Top 50 prospect at the time). Does anyone wanna know how that turned out? Marson is now 26 .220 5HR 60RBI as the backup C
      You missed the point. Surprisingly!

Catchers have a huge flameout rate. "We have one decent catcher" is not a reason to say no to a guy like D'Arnaud.
      poop

Comment

That's exactly what I'm talking about! If three highly regarded catchers ended up being crap, can you imagine how only having two would work out?

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
          1. If they acquire Andrus (which lol if they trade Stanton and can't even get Profar in return), Andrus would just be used as trade bait for more prospects.

2. So it's Yelich/Martin/Marisnick now? Exciting. At least Martin is Cuban so yay.

3. Assuming the front office is actually that stupid to like Brantly enough that they'd pass up on D'Arnaud, they could've acquired D'Arnaud and probably flipped him to Texas for a guy like...Mike Olt who you have in your proposed Stanton deal. You know who in the current deal has enough value to be flipped for a prospect like Mike Olt? No one.
          1 No Clue what they do with Andrus

2 Yelich/Martin/Marisnick- Yelich/Marisnick/Ozuna -Ozuna/Martin/Marisnick

3 Marisnick could be dealt for Olt

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
            That's exactly what I'm talking about! If three highly regarded catchers ended up being crap, can you imagine how only having two would work out?

If d'Araund or Brantly could play 2B or CF or 3B I would have said get him now and move the other one to a new spot.

The point I am making is they are both catchers and one 1 can play at a time,instead of taking a guy who plays the same spot as a young guy who we like,we took a young CF prospect. If we got d'Araund and traded Brantly,we would have gotten a guy not as good as Marisnick for him.

They decided on a Starting Catcher(Brantly) and Starting CF(Marisnick) instead of a Starting Catcher (d'Araund) and a backup Catcher (Brantly) or a Starter in d'Araund and trading Brantly

Comment

1 No Clue what they do with Andrus

2 Yelich/Martin/Marisnick- Yelich/Marisnick/Ozuna -Ozuna/Martin/Marisnick

3 Marisnick could be dealt for Olt
              1-Trust me, I have "sources."
              2-What?
              3-No

Comment

If d'Araund or Brantly could play 2B or CF or 3B I would have said get him now and move the other one to a new spot.

The point I am making is they are both catchers and one 1 can play at a time,instead of taking a guy who plays the same spot as a young guy who we like,we took a young CF prospect. If we got d'Araund and traded Brantly,we would have gotten a guy not as good as Marisnick for him.

They decided on a Starting Catcher(Brantly) and Starting CF(Marisnick) instead of a Starting Catcher (d'Araund) and a backup Catcher (Brantly) or a Starter in d'Araund and trading Brantly
                I know what you were saying. It just didn't logically follow what you were responding to.

Comment

If d'Araund d'Araund (d'Araund)
                  Travis d'Arnaud

come on.

Comment

If Stanton says give me a contract and ill sign it right now this whole discussion is dead.

As for the hints don't worry I am done talking "trade discussion" on here,ill just message the few people that enjoy hearing it and the rest of u can just cry when it happens
                    Please include me in this!

Do you think we'd be able to acquire Profar, Martin and Perez in that deal? I mean, a player like Stanton comes around once in a blue moon and he's only 23(?). He's almost invaluable, but if you can replace one very good player with a couple of good/very good players you have to go for it. It's all about winning.

Is the FO mad about Stantons' remarks?

Comment

Marisnick could be dealt for Olt

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                        Please include me in this!

Do you think we'd be able to acquire Profar, Martin and Perez in that deal? I mean, a player like Stanton comes around once in a blue moon and he's only 23(?). He's almost invaluable, but if you can replace one very good player with a couple of good/very good players you have to go for it. It's all about winning.

Is the FO mad about Stantons' remarks?
                        It's one great young player for one potentially great player and two potentially good ones, for what it's worth.

Key word: potentially

There's no reason to trade Stanton right now.

Comment

:-)

Comment

I thought you were telling us what your sources said about the FO's thinking, not your own personal thoughts.

Comment

Perhaps he's one of the baseball people that David Samson trusts so much...

Comment

As for the hints don't worry I am done talking "trade discussion" on here,ill just message the few people that enjoy hearing it and the rest of u can just cry when it happens
                                What is the last piece of news you've broken?

Comment

Working...
                                X