No announcement yet.

Managerial Hunt 2012: All Résumés Accepted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super 2 is a tricky thing to figure out, but...

Hayes had 2.017 years before this season. The cut off was 2.139 this year, which means Hayes had to have 122 days of being on a 25 man roster. The MLB calendar is 172 days. He was demoted on August 12th, and the season ended October 3rd. It seems to me that there are 50 days in between there. I am no contract expert and Super Two and service time are both confusing as fuck to figure out. Lou?
    --------------------
    and also you get a year of service time if you are in the minors for 20 games or less during a season. If they called Hayes back up on September 1st it would have been less than 20 games for sure.
    Last edited by emkayseven; 10-28-2012, 08:02 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

There's not many, if any, MiLB games in September anyway

Comment

But it's not like is good enough to be eligible for Super Two, right? Don't you have to be one of the top players or something for that?
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
          But it's not like is good enough to be eligible for Super Two, right? Don't you have to be one of the top players or something for that?
          No.

Comment

has at least two years of major league service but less than three, AND is among the top 17 percent for cumulative playing time in the majors in this class of players, AND was on an active major-league roster for at least 86 days in the previous season

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
              No.
              Here's what I was talking about:

A player with at least two but less than three years of Major League service shall be eligible for salary arbitration if he has accumulated at least 86 days of service during the immediately preceding season and he ranks in the top 22 percent (increased from 17 percent in previous agreements) in total service in the class of Players who have at least two but less than three years of Major League service, however accumulated, but with at least 86 days of service accumulated during the immediately preceding season.

Comment

That's not how good someone is, though.

Comment

yeah, that's just explaining how they come up with the number we've been talking about to begin with

the cut-off number of service for Super 2 is the number of days to qualify for the top 22%

Comment

I think I was mixing the "how good someone is" with how the Type-A and Type-B free agents were figured out.

Can someone try and explain this to me, I still am not understanding it fully (or I do, but I'm just thinking too much into it.)

Comment

Basically, at the end of the season, they take all the players with 2 but not 3 years of service who had at least 86 days of service the season before. From that list, they then take those with the top 22% amount of service days and those are your super 2 players.

Comment

OK, I get it now. Thank you.

Comment

I think you're just over thinking it.

The first requirement is that you must have more than two years of service time, but less than three. Than of all the players that fall under that range of service time, the 22 percent of players that have the most service time are awarded Super2.

So if 100 players have more than two, but less than three seasons of service time, they're going to give Super2 to the22 guys with the most service time.
                          --------------------
                          Oh.
                          Last edited by Mainge; 10-28-2012, 08:50 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

New Orleans played 19 games from August 13th on.

They had another 4 scheduled that were cancelled due to the hurricane.

I hope that causes him to be Super Two, because fuck Loria
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I too hope we cut Brett Hayes.
                              poop

Comment

Originally posted by beinfest_virus.exe View Post
                                New Orleans played 19 games from August 13th on.

They had another 4 scheduled that were cancelled due to the hurricane.

I hope that causes him to be Super Two, because fuck Loria
                                They already announced it and he didn't make the cut.

Comment

Working...
                                X