No announcement yet.

Managerial Hunt 2012: All Résumés Accepted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember when Boles tried to grow a goatee because the team won a bunch of games in a row or something?
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Omar View Post
      He'll get fired in a year and a half anyway, so who cares
      This is honestly how I feel about the managerial search. This is probably the first time a team that I'm a fan of is searching for a new head coach and I just don't give a single fuck. The incompetence of this FO has left me jaded.

It's not a thing where "if x happens, I done", it's just over time x, y, z, q, delta, ß, and ㅊ have happened and I've found myself caring less and less.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

The only thing I care about is that they don't go with "experience." I'm glad I'm not hearing Riggleman or Acta or anything like that.
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

I think you guys are overreacting with the whole managerial thing.

-Girardi yelled at the owner. You could be as good as you want; you work for a company and what the owner says usually goes. If you had the power of being an owner, you probably would've done the same thing.
          -Fredi was fired because of Hanley. If you're choosing between a manager and your star player at the time, you choose your star player.
          -Ozzie was a controversial manager who went 69-93.

The only wrong that happened possibly was the fact they couldn't predict Ozzie would act the way he acted.

Then again, they probably didn't expect him to go to the extent of the Fidel Castro comments in this community. They also expected more than 69 wins with the roster they spent money on.

Boston fired Bobby Valentine one year after firing Terry Francona. Why is no one talking about John Henry the same way?

With high expectations come disappointments. Disappointments lead to dismissals.

The Marlins are basically letting go of guys who didn't meet expectations. We should probably be upset that we still have to pay these guys, but it really seems like some of you are mad they actually fired Ozzie. It's a business.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
            I think you guys are overreacting with the whole managerial thing.

-Girardi yelled at the owner. You could be as good as you want; you work for a company and what the owner says usually goes. If you had the power of being an owner, you probably would've done the same thing.
            -Fredi was fired because of Hanley. If you're choosing between a manager and your star player at the time, you choose your star player.
            -Ozzie was a controversial manager who went 69-93.

The only wrong that happened possibly was the fact they couldn't predict Ozzie would act the way he acted.

Then again, they probably didn't expect him to go to the extent of the Fidel Castro comments in this community. They also expected more than 69 wins with the roster they spent money on.

Boston fired Bobby Valentine one year after firing Terry Francona. Why is no one talking about John Henry the same way?

With high expectations come disappointments. Disappointments lead to dismissals.

The Marlins are basically letting go of guys who didn't meet expectations. We should probably be upset that we still have to pay these guys, but it really seems like some of you are mad they actually fired Ozzie. It's a business.
            I mentioned this before the Marlins even fired Ozzie. Boston would get a pass and the Marlins would get ripped.

Comment

Originally posted by beinfest_virus.exe View Post
              The only thing I care about is that they don't go with "experience." I'm glad I'm not hearing Riggleman or Acta or anything like that.
              Acta was the earlier favorite but Beinfest has already been telling people he wants a guy with NO MLB experience and wants someone who will just coach the team THEY give him

As for Boston the reason why no one says anything is because its not a revolving door like down here.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                Acta was the earlier favorite but Beinfest has already been telling people he wants a guy with NO MLB experience and wants someone who will just coach the team THEY give him

As for Boston the reason why no one says anything is because its not a revolving door like down here.
                But it has been recently.

Comment

Valentine wasnt thought of as a good hire in the first place so its no surprise they arent demonizing Boston for letting him go.
                  Kind of implies they are planning on throwing out some really bad teams.
                  Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                    Valentine wasnt thought of as a good hire in the first place so its no surprise they arent demonizing Boston for letting him go.

Kind of implies that they want a manager who is cheap and won't fight with the Owner/FO over issues he might have

What alot of people don't realize is Loria sees himself as the Jerry Jones of MLB. He enjoys the power and enjoys YES men even more. Why do u think Beinfest always keeps his job? Loria tells Beinfest what he wants and Larry does it.(Loria wanted Bobby V and Ozzie-Beinfest did NOT,the only reason why Bobby V did not sign with us is because Loria told him he won't sign whoever Bobby wanted)

If u get a Redmond/Espada/Bogar-u can sign them cheap and tell them go coach the team that's put on the field. U think anyone of them are gonna say well give us this player or that 1? HELL NO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post

Why would anyone intentionally throw out really bad teams?

Comment

Yeah. I find it hard to believe that the FO is just going to keep throwing out bad teams, especially right after getting a new stadium.
                        --------------------
                        I also find it kind of hard to believe that they ONLY want a manager with no experience. I think they'll just hire a manager who they feel can do the job best.
                        Last edited by Valid; 10-25-2012, 02:44 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I'm going to submit a resume and put that I have no experience.

Comment

I don't want some retread fuckstick anyway.

Comment

Redmond impressed in interview
                              MIAMI — As a player, Mike Redmond belted 13 home runs in a 13-year big league career. But during his interview for the Marlins’ managerial job on Wednesday, the former catcher hit it out of the park.

According to a source, Redmond made a very strong case to the 13th manager in Marlins history.

The 41-year-old, who played for the Marlins from 1998-2004, is a leading candidate to replace Ozzie Guillen, who was dismissed on Tuesday.

The fact that the Marlins reached out immediately to Redmond is another sign that he was at the top of the team’s list.

Redmond interviewed with owner Jeffrey Loria and the rest of the front office in New York City on Wednesday. On Thursday, team officials had their organizational meeting, as they are beginning to lay out plans on how to move forward in 2013.

Reds pitching coach Bryan Price also is in the mix.

The Miami Herald reported the Marlins asked the Padres for permission to interview Brad Ausmus, and the paper claimed the former catcher isn’t interested.

The signs appear to be pointing in the direction of Redmond, who retired as a player after 2010.

This year, Redmond managed Toronto’s Class A Dunedin team.

During his playing days with the Marlins, Redmond was always regarded as a future big league manager. He may indeed be close to filling those projections with Miami.

– Joe Frisaro
                              http://joefrisaro.mlblogs.com/
                              --------------------
                              Mike Redmond excited about possibility of managing the Miami Marlins

by Joe Capozzi
                              Just caught up with retired catcher Mike Redmond, who is on his way back home to Spokane, Wash, today after interviewing with the Marlins last night in New York City for the team’s managerial job.
                              “It was a good experience. It was just a conversation,’ Redmond said about his two-hour interview at the Hilton hotel with owner Jeffrey Loria, baseball operations president Larry Beinfest, general manager Mike Hill and other team execs.
                              “I went through the interview process and things went well. I’m just going to see what happens next.”
                              Redmond said the team gave him no timetable for making a decision. The Marlins also are expected to interview Cincinnati Reds pitching coach Bryan Price.
                              Redmond started his career with the Marlins in 1998 and played with the team through 2004, so he was already familiar with the members of the front office.
                              “I feel really comfortable with those guys. I have a relationship with them,” he said.
                              “I’ve know those guys for along time. It was just basically talking, about managing and philosophy. It was a great conversation.”
                              Although he knew his name had been brought up via the rumor mill for the past few weeks, he said the Marlins contacted him for the first time Tuesday, hours after firing Ozzie Guillen.
                              “I’m definitely excited,” Redmond, 41, said, “but at the same time this is the first time I have been through the process. I’m going to let it run its course. Obviously if I get an opportunity to go back and manage in the organization where I started as a player, that would be pretty special.”
                              Redmond was popular in the Marlins clubhouse during his years with the team, connecting well with players and keeping things light during rough times.
                              During a losing streak in 2003, he stripped of his clothes and took batting practice in the indoor cages wearing nothing but cleats.

“That was me as a player. That’s not me as manager any more,” he said, laughing when asked if he would institute naked batting practice as a big-league manager. “Somebody else has got to do that stuff.”
                              hahahah.
                              Last edited by Miamarlin21; 10-25-2012, 10:21 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

had you seriously not ever heard of his naked BP stories before that article?

Comment

Working...
                                X