It's Criminal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Criminal...

I was thinking the other day about the 2007 team, last year with Cabrera and good Hanley. That team was 20-23 in 1 run games, got a combined .256/.357/.481 line from Cabs, Hanley, Hammer, Uggla, and Hermida along with 133 home runs. There just wasnt anything to go along with those guys.

A rotating pile of garbage in CF. Suffering with Miguel Olivo as the backstop. Boone filled in nicely at 1B I suppose.

The rotation was terrible that year but the bullpen had its moments and was fairly decent for the most part.

Just a shame that the team gets that kind of offensive production from the heart of their lineup yet its wasted because so little effort is put into putting anything around them.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Didn't, like, everyone get hurt?
    poop

Comment

They should all be arrested

Comment

Beef has a law degree so I'm gonna have go with his expertise here.

Book em, Toddo.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
          Didn't, like, everyone get hurt?
          Yeah. I'm pretty sure that Scott Olsen, Byung-Hyun Kim, and Sergio Mitre headlined the rotation that year.

Comment

That was part of it. But Cabs, Hanley, Hammer, and Uggla each got over 500 at bats, Hermida over 400. The FO just gave them nothing to compliment them with.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Also, everyone got hurt.
              --------------------
              Anibal Sanchez, Ricky Nolasco and Josh Johnson were all hurt. Scott Olsen's ERA rose a run and a quarter in one season for no reason. Same with Dontrelle Willis. Kind of hard when you essentially have to replace an entire starting rotation.
              Last edited by Bobbob1313; 10-22-2012, 01:41 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
              poop

Comment

Girardi fucked us that year.

Comment

Working...
                X