--------------------
      has WAR been declared? I sure hope not.

If you decalare xFIP on me I'm going to flee the country

:-)
      Last edited by Namaste; 09-23-2012, 09:52 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

barbs

Comment

I really did not mean to offend you bobbob.

I drank whiskey while playing pool and I just got dropped off at the house.

That explains things, right?

Comment

This team is going to lose 90 games. NINETY games. Holy crap.

Or 95 games? owowowowowow

Comment

The worse, the better (higher draft pick).

I think it's true what Fredi says. Loria just needs to take his nose out of everything. Does he have any idea how the game even works? I've heard that he is a huge fan and I've also heard he knows nothing about the game. I'm not sure which is true.

Everyone knew that bringing in Ozzie wouldn't last. We all knew that he was too much of an "open" manager to satisfy Loria. Loria can blame his firing on Fidel, or whatever other excuse. The truth is that if you are not Loria's bitch, you're not going to be his manager. It shouldn't be that way, but it's the unfortunate truth.

Is there another owner in baseball as involved as Loria?

Also, what if Loria was the one who wanted all these bad trades that have Beinfest's face drawn all over them?

Trades

The Carlos Lee trade= F

-You lose your 22(?) year old 3rd base prospect to the Astros for a washed up Lee. You then trade Hanley Ramirez (3rd baseman) and are left without a 3rd baseman. Dominguez could've played (90?) games and gotten ready for 2013. Also, LoMo was ready to play 1B.

The Hanley Ramirez trade= C-

-You get rid of some salary for the next 2 years, but really get nothing back in return. Could've ate some money and gotten better prospects from OAK.

Note: You're wasting some of the money you saved on Hanley, on Ozzie.

The Sanchez/Infante trade= B+

-You get rid of Sanchez and Infante while their value is high and in return get a future 2/3 starter and possibly a much needed starting Catcher.

The Gaby Sanchez trade= F

-Stupid given that you traded for Lee and traded Sanchez just to get rid of him. LoMo should've been starting 1B and we should've/could've acquired a LF. Oh, and Gorky's Hernandez can't hit a HS pitcher throwing 75 MPH. He is pretty terrible.

The Mujica trade= D+

-Ok, so you trade away Dominguez and get a Zack Cox. Basically Matt Dominguez without the great glove and with better contact.

Signings

The Reyes signing= C-

-We already had Hanley playing SS at the time, why spend $106(?) million on another SS who provides more or less the same features as someone you can pay about 10 times less for? Obviously Reyes will be better than the guy being paid 10 times less, but you can fill in his role and spend that money elsewhere. Should've signed Aramis Ramirez, a true 3rd Baseman who provides fielding, OBP, SLG and RBIs.

The John Buck signing= D+

-He gets a D+ because he calls a good game, but his bat is atrocious. Possibly the worst signing we've ever been a part of.

The Heath Bell signing= C-

-The reason I give the Bell signing a C- is because he was a proven closer, and we needed one. With Bell, we thought we'd no longer have the 9th inning struggles we've had over the past couple if years. However, that did not work out at all.

The Mark Buehrle signing= A

-We needed a starter that could take us deep into ball games and Buehrle was the right guy to sign. He is a veteran who is coming to the NL from the AL, and is always healthy.

What could've happened

Not signing Yoennis Cespedes= D+

-I give this a D+ because at the time I thought it was too much money to sign him, however, so far he's proven that he's worth every penny. He has helped flip around the A's and could've filled our CF void for 4-5 years. He is also Cuban and would've made a great impact on the fan base. He might've also killed Ozzie when he made the Castro comment, so that goes into the + in the D given for this move (JK).

Not trading for Gio= F

-This one really hurt. You have a kid from Hialeah, who can also have a great impact on the fan base and you do not trade for him. Not only is he from Hialeah, but he is also one of the best SP's in baseball right now. Oh yeah, what has LoMo done?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                I think it's true what Fredi says. Loria just needs to take his nose out of everything. Does he have any idea how the game even works? I've heard that he is a huge fan and I've also heard he knows nothing about the game. I'm not sure which is true.

Everyone knew that bringing in Ozzie wouldn't last. We all knew that he was too much of an "open" manager to satisfy Loria. Loria can blame his firing on Fidel, or whatever other excuse. The truth is that if you are not Loria's bitch, you're not going to be his manager. It shouldn't be that way, but it's the unfortunate truth.

Is there another owner in baseball as involved as Loria?

Also, what if Loria was the one who wanted all these bad trades that have Beinfest's face drawn all over them?
                I can't blame Loria for putting his nose in everything. He owns the fucking team. If I owned a team, I wouldn't even have a GM. I'd probably be the manager too.

The Carlos Lee trade= F

-You lose your 22(?) year old 3rd base prospect to the Astros for a washed up Lee. You then trade Hanley Ramirez (3rd baseman) and are left without a 3rd baseman. Dominguez could've played (90?) games and gotten ready for 2013. Also, LoMo was ready to play 1B.
                Didn't love the trade but Matt Dominguez blows.

The Hanley Ramirez trade= C-

-You get rid of some salary for the next 2 years, but really get nothing back in return. Could've ate some money and gotten better prospects from OAK.
                Where's the proof that the A's would have eaten any of the money. They don't do that.

The Gaby Sanchez trade= F

-Stupid given that you traded for Lee and traded Sanchez just to get rid of him. LoMo should've been starting 1B and we should've/could've acquired a LF. Oh, and Gorky's Hernandez can't hit a HS pitcher throwing 75 MPH. He is pretty terrible.
                This grade makes no sense. Gaby Sanchez is garbage. The Marlins got garbage in return.

The Mujica trade= D+

-Ok, so you trade away Dominguez and get a Zack Cox. Basically Matt Dominguez without the great glove and with better contact.
                Mujica is doo doo.

Not signing Yoennis Cespedes= D+

-I give this a D+ because at the time I thought it was too much money to sign him, however, so far he's proven that he's worth every penny. He has helped flip around the A's and could've filled our CF void for 4-5 years. He is also Cuban and would've made a great impact on the fan base. He might've also killed Ozzie when he made the Castro comment, so that goes into the + in the D given for this move (JK).
                The fan base wouldn't care for more than 2 hours.

Not trading for Gio= F

-This one really hurt. You have a kid from Hialeah, who can also have a great impact on the fan base and you do not trade for him. Not only is he from Hialeah, but he is also one of the best SP's in baseball right now. Oh yeah, what has LoMo done?
                Gio was going to cost more than just Logan Morrison. Our fan base doesn't give a shit where you're from. You give them too much credit (or not enough).
                --------------------
                I'm surprised you didn't give the Marlins "Fs" for not signing CJ Wilson or Albert Pujols. Or not trading for Mike Trout.
                Last edited by Ramp; 09-24-2012, 09:58 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Figured someone would find everything wrong, and then add a stupid ass remark. That's the reason why nobody likes to post in this forum, except the usual 7-10 people. It's full of people who believe only in their opinion, among other things. This is one of the main reasons why there is not as many people posting here as their should be. The forum has potential, but not with the 7-10 person mob that likes to act as if they're always right when someone posts something that doesn't favor them.

Comment

You could always just explain why you think he's wrong. That's typically how dialogues work.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                      Figured someone would find everything wrong, and then add a stupid ass remark. That's the reason why nobody likes to post in this forum, except the usual 7-10 people. It's full of people who believe only in their opinion, among other things. This is one of the main reasons why there is not as many people posting here as their should be. The forum has potential, but not with the 7-10 person mob that likes to act as if they're always right when someone posts something that doesn't favor them.
                      I didn't find everything wrong. I even agreed with some of it.

Prove me wrong on any of my comments and I would gladly see your side of things. I didn't attack you personally.

Grow a thicker skin.

Edit: I may have been a smartass in some of my comments, but they aren't wrong. They are fact based. Not like comments saying "Loria may not know baseball or he might... no one knows"

Comment

Guys the Sanchez trade will be better as soon as we make our pick

We are getting a Top 40 draft pick for a guy who would not have seen any playing time. As for Gorkys,we knew what he was and this is a defensive OF with speed

Comment

This season franchise can't end soon enough

Comment

Grading the Gaby Sanchez trade an F is one of the most LOFL things I've ever read on a sports message board. It's so LOFL that I doubt anyone here really cares if you post here or not.

It's so LOFL that it's like someone making this statement: "Locking up Stanton in the offseason is the WORST thing that this organization could do". Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                              Grading the Gaby Sanchez trade an F is one of the most LOFL things I've ever read on a sports message board. It's so LOFL that I doubt anyone here really cares if you post here or not.

It's so LOFL that it's like someone making this statement: "Locking up Stanton in the offseason is the WORST thing that this organization could do". Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?
                              This post, and not because no one gives a flying fuck about the Miami Marlins, is why this site doesn't grow!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                                This post, and not because no one gives a flying fuck about the Miami Marlins, is why this site doesn't grow!!!!!
                                Well it's hard to get growth when someone introduces themselves and within 5 seconds is called an idiot or told that only there words matter by the resident morons on the site!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X