No announcement yet.

Hanley Ramirez and Choate Traded to Dodgers for Eovaldi and Minor Leaguer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he set the tone though that led to many other losses. He just pulled their hearts out too many times in a row.

Comment

• This upcoming FA group is pretty terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by tr305 View Post
        I think he set the tone though that led to many other losses. He just pulled their hearts out too many times in a row.
        Then fuck them.

If they can't overcome that, then fuck them.

Comment

• Yes, fuck tr305

Comment

• Well, that seemed unnecessary.

Comment

• Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• I just looked at this dudes #'s. Had some pretty good games this year.

Comment

• Eovaldi got blown up by the Giants and Mets in back to back starts. He's got 7 pretty strong starts, those 2 ass ones, and then his last one where he managed to throw 96 pitches in 4.1 innings while only walking 1 batter (4.1ip 7ha 1er 1bb 7k).

I think he could throw some beautiful games for us, but it's gonna be a process, not an event.

Comment

• Just trade JJ and Ricky for some offense now.

Comment

• It seems like Boston /Baltimore or Oakland would have been better for getting players back.

Comment

• I feel like if that were true, he'd be on one of those 3 teams now.
                        --------------------
                        Not to single you out or knock you personally, but that logic drives me crazy.

Like they had better offers and said "ya know what, fuck it" and traded him to the Dodgers for laughs.

This was the best offer there was.

The proof of that is the fact that it's the trade that was made.
                        Last edited by HUGG; 07-25-2012, 07:40 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I'm sure dumping his salary was priority número UNO. Fitting Hanley struck out looking in his last ab as a Marlin.

Comment

• Actually we can't say that was the best offer. We don't know what the other teams offered.

Comment

• Originally posted by brandnew View Post
                              Actually we can't say that was the best offer. We don't know what the other teams offered.
                              But we can assume that if there was a better offer they'd have taken it, no? Unless they're just cynical irrational people.
                              --------------------
                              Originally posted by FishFF View Post
                              I'm sure dumping his salary was priority número UNO. Fitting Hanley struck out looking in his last ab as a Marlin.
                              How fitting.
                              Last edited by emkayseven; 07-25-2012, 07:51 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Yeah I'm sure Marlins didn't pick the best offer. (sarcasm)

Like FF said, it probably came down to $$. They didn't want to pay the salary. I have no idea if the return is worth it, but not having to pay a dime of a .240 (last 800 ABs) and who was problematic in the clubhouse (maybe??) is nice. It sucks. It's going to be a PR shitstorm. But they'll spend in the offseason (or at least better).

That paragraph is all just spin to make me feel better about the move.

I don't think this year could have gone any worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X