No announcement yet.

Spencer: Marlins' Massive Makeover a Bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still very confused by your last 2 responses. Are you just upset he chose Jose Mesa instead of any other reliever. He made a good point and you took a steaming dump all over it.

Edit: you're upset because he made you look up who's numbers those were? You got some serious sand in your vagina these days.

Comment

::hugs Bobbob::

Comment

ehe I don't get why Polky is so indignant about this. Jay made a perfectly fair post about how relievers are volatile and Polky kicked and screamed about a bunch of shit that literally has nothing to do with anything.

Bravo. Why don't you sit the next few plays out.

I feel like admins, more so than the rest of us, really shouldn't be unnecessary attacking posters if they're trying to build a brand or whatever.

Comment

He was not attacking a poster. He was attacking a post. hugh difference there, I think.

Si o no?

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            He was not attacking a poster. He was attacking a post. hugh difference there, I think.

Si o no?
            Maybe. Once you start with "are you fucking kidding me" and make mock posts that resemble his, you start crossing the line, in my opinion. Especially when the post in question that started everything was so innocuous.

But either way, it was very unnecessary and directly flies in the face of what his peers as an admin are trying to do. I was under the impression that posts like that would no longer be tolerated.

Comment

His initial complaint about using Mesa as a comp is that he and Bell didn't have the same pedigree at the career point that he was looking at. Sharing a position is not really enough to call two players comparable. Said differently, is Jamie Moyer's career a comparable for Andrew Miller simply because they both are lefty starters?
              God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
              - Daft

Comment

But it was showing the volatility of relievers, year in and out

Comment

Well Biz said this
                  Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                  I just mean that relievers' numbers fluctuate like crazy sometimes
                  Then jay said this
                  Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                  To add evidence to Ramp's statement:

age ERA SV
                  33 4.98 33
                  34 5.36 1
                  35 2.34 42
                  36 2.97 45
                  37 6.52 24
                  38 3.25 43

I'll let you guess who's numbers these are.
                  He didn't say, well, here's a guy who is directly analogous to Heathcliffe Slocum Bell, guess who?!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                    But it was showing the volatility of relievers, year in and out
                    Yes, but wouldn't it be more accurate to compare a reliever more similar to Bell?
                    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                    - Daft

Comment

If anything, it only strengthens Jays argument. If Mesa can bounce back from being terrible, certainty elite level Heath Bell can do so.

Comment

That's not necessarily true. What if elite closers, once they fall off their peak, almost never come back while their non-elite counterparts have a stronger recovery rate?
                        - Daft

Comment

That would directly contradict common sense but maybe.

Comment

It would definitely do that, but plenty of things are contradictory. Giving a similar player for comparison eliminates any doubt.
                            - Daft

Comment

Trevor Hoffman's last five years or so were all kinds of bouncy. Is that a good comparison?
                              poop

Comment

John Franco had a 5.20 era in 1993 at age 32 and then posted a 2.93 era from 94-03.

Comment

Working...
                                X