• Show
Clear All

Dan Uggla from 2006-2011: 16.1 WAR
    Jose Reyes from 2006-2011: 23 WAR

He's kind of a good player.
    poop

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
      But we had choice(s). We chose not to sign Darvish or trade for Gio (just for fun, hindsight being what it is, wouldnt it have been better to pass on Buehrle and put those resources into Gio, with the Nats out of it w/ Buehrle).
      Yeah, it would have been.

If we had a A.J. Cole, Derek Norris, Tommy Milone and Brad Peacock type package to offer them.

But, we didn't.

It's amazing all these trade ideas floating around lately that would involve us needing to not have one of the 5 worst minor league systems in baseball right now.
      --------------------
      All that would have happened in that Swift scenario is we would have not gotten Buehrle, Nats would have still gotten Gio, and we'd be left holding the bag.
      Last edited by HUGG; 06-20-2012, 10:41 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I think what Ozzie is saying is.......

"We're good. We just get blown the fuck out every night. But this is a talented team."

Runs Scored By The Blue Jays This Weekend: Over 40.5 -125

Comment

I think what he's saying is "It's my first year here and I did something really stupid a couple months ago so I'm not gonna bitch about the roster I have this season."

Comment

The good thing right now is Toronto's rotation is blown up and their bullpen is burned out.

Comment

So we'll score 9 runs in the series instead of 6.

Comment

We're on pace for 15 in this series!
                poop

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                  But we had choice(s). We chose not to sign Darvish or trade for Gio (just for fun, hindsight being what it is, wouldnt it have been better to pass on Buehrle and put those resources into Gio, with the Nats out of it w/ Buehrle).

I understand the "JJ takes us as far as we are going to go" mindset. I don't understand "we have no choice but to rely on a pitcher as fragile as JJ" mindset.
                  We signed Buehrle and on top of that tried to sign Wilson.

Also, JJ isn't the type of pitcher you just trade away.

Comment

Working...
                  X