No announcement yet.

Avery Romero, 2B/SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Named Marlins minor league Player of the Month for July: OPS'd .918 with 13 doubles (2nd in all of the minor leagues in that span) and 22 RBIs in 28 games.

Comment

Kinda stupid that he's still in Batavia.

Comment

I concur
        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

I really don't get it either. He did great last year in Short Season, would have thought he would have started in Greensboro or at least be there by now.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
            I really don't get it either. He did great last year in Short Season, would have thought he would have started in Greensboro or at least be there by now.
            Well it was 21 AB's.

Comment

21 great at-bats
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

21 solid at-bats.

Comment

MLBPipeline #5 Prospect

Scouting Grades: Hit: 55 | Power: 40 | Run: 40 | Arm: 50 | Field: 50 | Overall: 50

Drafted out of high school as a shortstop, Romero has shifted to the right side of the infield and has all the hallmarks of becoming an offensive-minded second baseman.

Romero has a quick stroke and squares up hard contact. Though he has an aggressive approach at the plate, he finds a way to put the ball in play and is difficult to strike out. He hasn't fully tapped into his power potential yet, but scouts believe he will develop more pop as he matures.

Romero's defense has improved considerably as he has gotten more comfortable at his new position. Still, it'll be up to his bat to carry him as he advances through the Minor Leagues.
                  http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2015?list=mia

John Sickels #6 Prospect

6) Avery Romero, 2B, Grade B-: Age 21, eight days younger than Anderson, hit .320/.367/.420 with five homers in 466 at-bats between Low-A and High-A, good pure hitting skills, not huge power but more pop than typical for a 5-8 player, glove getting better. Lacks range for shortstop.
                  http://www.minorleagueball.com/2015/...pects-for-2015

Comment

No Marlins player made BA's top 20 prospects in the FSL, but John Manuel did have this to say:

Greg T. (Lake Central): Is there any hope for Avery Romero to turn things around in the next year or two?
                    John Manuel: Some of the feedback I got from hitting coaches in the league was positive on Romero; he’s a bat-first guy. And it’s a tough place to hit. I don’t know how you factor that in, on a hitter having a good swing, good approach and constantly having poor results because you’re hitting in a dead-ball environment. But Romero is going to have to hit. His other tools are fringy if not truly below-average.
                    http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...rospects-chat/
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Yep. Romero has always been above average hit tool and nothing else. Obviously interested to see what he'll do in Jax but this past season was definitely disappointing. If he can't get hits he isn't really valuable in any way.

Comment

If he can develop any pop in that bat, he'll be a valuable player.

Comment

Working...
                        X