No announcement yet.

Andrew Heaney, LHP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, they will get the 10th pick next year.
    --------------------
    Heaney is gonna get fucked next year because of this $200,000. Teams will low ball the fuck out of a senior because he has no leverage.
    Last edited by Miamarlin21; 07-12-2012, 11:38 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Next year is setting up to be a big draft with the 1 and 10 picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
        Heaney is gonna get fucked next year because of this $200,000. Teams will low ball the fuck out of a senior because he has no leverage.
        Only if his catcher starts calling his own games

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
          Next year is setting up to be a big draft with the 1 and 10 picks.
          We'll get to draft Appel!

Comment

And u guys wanted us to draft Appel if he was there

Our drafts our getting worse every year. Last year we don't sign out #3 or #4 picks and this year its #1. On the brightside tho,we do have up to extra 2.8 mil to spend on Cody Gunter or Jordan Hillyer or any other guy we wanna sign

Comment

We draft the best college lefty, and we can't muster the money to offer him even the recommended dollar figure.

Still, deciding not to take the deal over $200,000 seems like a big risk for Heaney. There's not much higher to go from the 9th overall pick.

Comment

I feel like this is a leverage ploy. Deadline isn't until Friday so leak to the media that the negotiations are over and hope he wants to play pro ball enough to say "fuck it"

And yes, tjfla, we wanted our favorite team to take the consensus top prospect. What fucking assholes we are.
                Last edited by Mainge; 07-13-2012, 12:39 PM.

Comment

How does college baseball work? Can he go back and play again? I know high school guys turn down MLB teams and go play college ball all the time, but are there any rules about having agents like there is for college football? I would guess he has an agent trying to negotiate the signing bonus?

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post

And yes, tjfla, we wanted our favorite team to take the consensus top prospect. What fucking assholes we are.
                    and what offer him 2.6 million when he wanted more than 6 mil?? The point of drafting guys is to sign them,not to say lets pick him and when he comes to Miami he will say FUCK money,I liked Loria and Beinfest so much I will take whatever they wanna give me

This is not 2002 when u could offer a guy a 6 yr MLB Contract,this is 2012 where you got a cap and MLB wants u to stick to it. Better yet this is 2012 and we are still the Florida Marlins who can't offer guys SLOT money

Comment

We're the Miami Marlins.

Comment

I hate this FO and team so much. It makes it hard being a life long Marlin fan. Just simply don't like the way they run the team and don't like rooting for them anymore. It's the way they want to do it though, so whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Godfather View Post
                          I hate this FO and team so much. It makes it hard being a life long Marlin fan. Just simply don't like the way they run the team and don't like rooting for them anymore. It's the way they want to do it though, so whatever.
                          Well, you don't have to root for a team you hate. You are free to go root for another team if you choose...

Anyway, from Kevin Goldstein's twitter:

@Kevin_Goldstein: Marlins are not ripping off Heaney. Slot for that pick last year was under $2m. Baez signed for $2.625.

Comment

But I was told the Marlins weren't willing to offer SLOT money.
                            poop

Comment

u KNO it

Comment

Originally posted by kylekash View Post
                                How does college baseball work? Can he go back and play again? I know high school guys turn down MLB teams and go play college ball all the time, but are there any rules about having agents like there is for college football? I would guess he has an agent trying to negotiate the signing bonus?
                                He can either go back for his senior season or go play independent ball. A pitcher recently did the latter but I cannot think of his name to save my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X