No announcement yet.

Marlins 7 Game Win Streak Comes to an End As Houston Beats Fish 3-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Marlins 7 Game Win Streak Comes to an End As Houston Beats Fish 3-2

Infante with a costly error and bats went cold.

We appreciate your service, Hammer. Feel free to start hitting again for the Twins now.

Comment

Start a new streak tomm nite. Maybe old JJ will show up..

Comment

Tough one to swallow.

Comment

Marlins win 2-1 without the error/brain aneurism

Shit happens. Infante deserves an official SFM pardon because he's been ultra solid this year.

Sanchez ERA almost sub 2

Comment

JJ's start in SD happened to be one of them but I'd like to see the offense have games where they just bail out those sort of mistakes by fielding/pitching. SP has had to be near perfect for most of the year to be where they are now. Would be cool for the offense to take some pressure off them.

Comment

Quote of the night:

Here's a tweet, what's on Rich's iPad? I know, emails and tweets! HA HA!

Comment

Bats have been cold, even during the win streak. I think we were outhit in 3 of the games we won and I think we had 10 or more hits twice.

Not exactly world beater stuff. It's all been our pitching (which is awesome and it's awesome we've run into equally anemic offenses).

Also, how thrilled does Reyes have to be that Bell has been mind numbingly bad? .226/.308/.322; 8/12 on SB's. That's bad. Really bad. EDIT: Although he's walked (14) more than he's struck-out (10), which is pretty not bad.
                Last edited by Swifty; 05-08-2012, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Is that not what I basically said?
                  --------------------
                  I also don't think Bell's struggles have saved Reyes from criticism.
                  Last edited by MiamiHomer; 05-08-2012, 09:45 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Reyes needs to be moved down in the order til he starts to hit.. Move LoMo into the 2 hole with Boner leading off.

Comment

No, I don't think that's basically what you said. You first said that the bats went cold, then you said it'd be nice to see the offense show up more often and give the pitchers a tons of run to work with. I said the bats have been basically cold, even during the winning, they didn't go cold.

Whatever, I don't really want a back and forth, so yeah, you and I are getting at the same thing even if we're saying it in different ways.
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                      Reyes needs to be moved down in the order til he starts to hit.. Move LoMo into the 2 hole with Boner leading off.
                      Bonifacio's not really ideal either.

Yes he has the .333 OBP, but he's also K'd 29 times (which is tied for team lead with Stanton).

Although I like the idea of Logan second, ultimately, that's where I'd prefer he hit.
                      --------------------
                      I think, as long as Omar's hitting for extra bases, he's got to stay in the 5/6 spot. If he starts to cool off, he'd make an interesting leadoff option (though, really, this is just wheel spinning since there's no chance in hell someone not named Reyes or Bonifacio hits leadoff).

Totally wacky lineup that might be more efficient based purely on propensity to K, walk and hit for extra bases.:

Reyes-Logan-Infante-Stanton-Ramirez-Buck-Bonifacio-Sanchez-P
                      Last edited by Swifty; 05-08-2012, 09:55 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Reyes BABIP is 60 points lower this his career average right now. That won't continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                          Reyes BABIP is 60 points lower this his career average right now. That won't continue.
                          I was gon say it but you beat me to it.

Comment

Told you all Gaby is in over his head when playing clean. Guy is trash.

Comment

I won't even argue with that anymore. We're getting close to a full season of absolute garbage from Gaby now.
                              --------------------
                              Of course, I don't really think Gaby had anyone staunchly defending him to begin with.

Besides the one obvious guy.
                              Last edited by HUGG; 05-08-2012, 10:00 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                              X