• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Party, that made me lol.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Polky View Post
      -Added unexpected bonus: screens showing who's warming in the bullpen for each team - I really liked that.
      Yeah that was definitely cool.

Comment

The section i was in was right in front of a stand so i got my food real quick. the banners were a joke, the pa announcer is difficult to understand sometimes, the wifi sucked but its all stuff that can be fixed. the exits are so easy to get to.

But other than the couple of negatives i mentioned, the thing that really pissed me off and got me irate were the people waiting to get to there seat so they kept blocking my view. i basically spent the first 6 innings telling people to get out of my way and pleading with the ushers to have them back up while they wait. I had to get up one time, and tell this man sitting in section 323 right in front of the concourse to please sit down because i couldnt see, he'd get up for no damn reason. I went to the usher and told him that i cant see because HE was blocking my view along with a crowd that kept forming. this idiot just looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language to him so i gave up and just sat down in the aisle and wait for him to say something. He finally got them out of the way but it happened again and i ended up yelling at him to get the hell out of my way. I dont know how many times I had to get up to go talk to him. I was so mad because I took the night off from work and spent a lot of money to be there and I ended up having to do this idiots job for most of the night and missed parts of the game.

dammit i need a drink now

Comment

Oh, I also liked that ushers didn't let people into the section during an at bat in my section

Comment

My seats were pretty awesome. Section 30, row 9. Definitely recommend them to anyone who's going. You have a mostly good view of the field (cant see some of LF) but the biggest perk is how roomy it is. It was designed for Mainges but there was only myself and an elderly woman. The rest were you walkies.

Between price, roominess, view, etc it was pretty awesome. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Comment

I liked most everything except the poor celly reception and the whole not seeing the flamingos dance.
              There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

I won't get into things like the celebration and the Ali stuff, because many thesis papers could be written on the horrendous job this team does in regards to branding and marketing.

Stadium wise:

Great
                • The atmosphere, fan wise, is awesome. In the seventh, when the crowd temporarily got into the game, it got pretty loud and there was a bit of a buzz
                • Leg room is incredible
                • The views from the concourse are incredible. I watched the game from up there while waiting to head back to my seat and it was a great view
                • The exit, from the courthouse parking, was very fast
                • The fireworks from the roof were awesome
                • Bathroom line absolutely flew. I think I only missed one out

Good
                • Line has improved since Belen-Columbus. Took me about ten minutes (before the game) to get food, despite a solid 8ish people in front of me
                • Parking at the courthouse, including walking to/fro, was painless and affordable ($10)
                • Bar, while crowded, is a great meeting place
                • Standard stadium food didn't make me sick
                • No receipt needed for refills
                • Pitchers warming up was shown (only sometimes, though - they need to work on showing the pitchers warming up for the team currently on the field)
                • The open panels gave us a nice breeze from time to time in the party section
                • Getting out of the stadium was mostly painless

Bad
                • Not all of the ushers do their jobs (ours did, so props to her) so there is still copious walking back and forth during innings
                • Programs were $20. Really?
                • It's hard to tell which is your section during games because of the traffic in the concourses
                • You can't hear some of the PA, especially in between innings
                • The scoreboard in left doesn't really have a grid line system set up, so it looks like a giant mess of numbers
                • The spacing of words/names isn't universal, so it throws you off during quick glances
                • The K Meter's colors resemble the sign for a McDonald's Playground
                • The catcher's mitt popping. Just weird, since it's the only thing from home you hear (no mica on swings)

Horrible
                • The treatment of our two world championships. Jooj, Party, and I are all in agreement on this one - hang them, hockey style, from the section of the roof that doesn't move. This is such a no-brainer that it makes you wonder why no one thought of it. The way they're treating those titles is pretty disrespectful, at best
                • Similar vein, but props to Party for spotting it - you can barely see the retired 42. In fact, when he mentioned it, I scoured the field for a good thirty seconds without seeing it. It had to be specifically pointed out
                • We get it Loria, you like art. There's no need for Andy Warhol-style pictures of the players in 16 different colors.
                • The same replay problem they had in JRS
                • No more fire alarms, please
                • Cell phone reception is nonexistent for stretches at a time
                • Our offense
                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                - Daft

Comment

For everyone that had bad cell reception, do any of you have Verizon? My brother had no reception on at&t while I had full 4g on Verizon all night.

Comment

Juanky, unless I'm crazy (I didn't pay much attention to the non-moving part of the roof) would there be a place to hang them that wouldn't obstruct a view for someone? Like I said, I think the best place is that black batter's eye in the OF near Robinson's number (which, yes, is hard to see, but I don't think they care). I emailed Samson about it. It was disgusting.
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

We need to concentrate our emails to Samson on 3 key points.

* Banners
                      * Ushers not allowing the aisles to look like I-95
                      * Reception (got to be able to refresh twitter)

Comment

Maybe Loria doesn't want to display the past successes for some insecure reason.

Comment

Oh, for fuck's sake.
                          poop

Comment

Again, I'm going to repeat how awesome the Vista level is.

The lines up there for everything are non-existent. My father in law waited about 1 minute in line for Sir Pizza, which is always really packed.

I'm usually one that defends the Marlins, but that opening ceremony was terrible. They could have done such a better job on that, and they really dropped the ball big time.
                            --------------------

Last edited by Jorge18; 04-05-2012, 09:15 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

sandro, you didn't like the paver???
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Everyone should take 2 minutes, copy and paste their responses to this thread and email them to dsamson@marlins.com. I've done it in the past and he's very responsive.

Comment

Working...
                                X