The Tr305 Needs a Thread Every Night Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tr305 Needs a Thread Every Night Thread

First off when you walk in the ballpark it is just incredible and is way larger and beautiful than it looks from all the pics and video. Arrived around 5pm and watched a little BP and Stanton hit the left field scoreboard with some moon shots. Walked around in total awe of how awesome the place was.

The pre game ceremony though was god awful and the person who thought of the World Series banner deal should be fired. No one in the stadium could even see what they were raising and the flags couldn't have been larger than 4x4. The young girl singing was terrible. But nothing rivals the decision to bring Ali out like that. Whatever bad things I have heard said about Loria I have no doubt anymore are 100% true. Just a terrible decision to trot him out like that when in he's in that bad of shape. It was appalling and no one sitting around us could believe it. And WTF - Jose Feliciano ???

That being said:

Good -

Food is great ($7 Lechon that was out of this world)
    Parking went like a breeze (in and out)
    The place just pops with the roof open. Hope they can continue cooling it down and then open roof last minute
    Love how the catchers mitt is mike'd up. You can hear it pop from down the 3rd baseline.

Bad -

Concourses get super crowded
    Taste of Miami is in some cramped corner hallway and needs more space because it is the best food at the park.
    At&T has absolutely no service
    The 465 sign in right center upper deck is only about 100 feet off
    Not enough replays
    Last edited by tr305; 04-04-2012, 10:22 PM.

Good:
    -Seats are super comfortable. Nice and wide, contoured so that your ass doesn't fall asleep
    -Sight lines are unbelievable
    -Food is good
    -Every aspect of the ballpark is amazingly aesthetically pleasing
    -Hidden baseball art a lot of places - look around and you'll see some unexpected stuff
    -Roof opening is incredibly quiet. You can't hear a thing.
    -Added unexpected bonus: screens showing who's warming in the bullpen for each team - I really liked that
    -Exit stairwells are awesome and made for a quick and easy way to get out

Bad:
    -Concourses got way too crowded, but I think the real reason that happened is because the toppings bars are out in the middle of fucking nowhere so while people are walking they have to suddenly stop so as to not run into a cart full of jalapenos
    -Food service is not good. The prep windows are too tiny and can't hold enough food so they backed up tremendously. But in a lot of cases they had people order, pay, and then wait to get their food. I know at the Trop if the food isn't ready you just step aside and wait but these people weren't asking people to do that. I'm sure that will come with time.
    -PA system is fucking awful. Can't make out any music, can barely make out words. I'm sure it's not like that everywhere but I was super close to field level and heard almost nothing.
    -WiFi signal is so weak it doesn't pick up. Cell signal is non-existent (but I know they're working on it)
    -Total lack of replays
    -Don't know if the food vendors who walk around the park are new to the business or what but they all literally went into rows to deliver food or get money in the middle of gameplay.
    -Championship banners are a disgrace. They are literally flags flying in left field. If the roof and windows are closed, they won't be seen. As it was, they were hard to see. They should be actual banners on the black batter's eye backdrop near the retired #42.

All in all, the ballpark is amazing and I'm not just saying that because I wanted one for so long. But there are some serious kinks that need to be worked out. I have faith they will be.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Emilio Estefan

Remind me not to hire this guy for my production needs.

Comment

Do you need to start a thread for every thought you have?

Comment

tell Siri

Comment

Spot on. The banners had to be the worst thing of the night. Who the hell thought that up ?

Comment

Last thread for a while. Sorry.

Comment

For real

Comment

Beef do you ever say more than two words.

Comment

Some times
                    poop

Comment

We'll see

Comment

I always wondered what happened to him. Loved the Mighty Ducks as a kid.

Comment

I see what you did there Bubs

Comment

I waited 50 minutes in line for a taxi after the game, and my brother waited 25 minutes in line to buy food during the 2nd-4th innings. Other than that and the pre-game ceremony being terrible, awesome stuff.

Comment

The banners need work. Did it not occur to them that there is no wind inside a dome?

Comment

Working...
                              X