No announcement yet.

Ricky Nolasco, SP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And then follows that up yesterday by giving up 4 dingers.

Comment

Awk-ward

Comment

He did go six scoreless in his next start

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
          He did go six scoreless in his next start
          It's the inconsistent Nolasco we've come to know.

Comment

Here's Rumblings' nomination for the first starting pitcher traded this summer: Ricky Nolasco.

The Marlins have Nate Eovaldi and Henderson Alvarez nearing a return from the disabled list. So it's feasible that Nolasco could be dealt weeks before the trading deadline, with the Orioles and Yankees leading the parade of teams that already have interest. A throng of scouts watched Nolasco shut down the Phillies on Tuesday. Here's a review from one of them:

"I think he'd be a great addition for somebody, as a No. 3 or 4 [starter]. He's very similar to what Anibal Sanchez was last year. He's not a 1 or a 2. But he's a veteran guy who can go out and spin seven innings, and do it, I think, for a contending team."
            http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/page/...ns-fascinating
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

The Yankees have wanted him the past 2 years however wanted no part of his contract. With him being a FA they prolly will go really hard after him this year and to sweeten the pot we can also give them some IFA Cash.

The Orioles called on him last month and the 2 teams already had discussions about Nolasco and Juan Pierre(who Baltimore tried to get from Philly last year)

Comment

What do y'all think we'd get from a team for Ricky? Any examples from our system?
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I see no reason we can't get a bottom of a team's top 10 type guy plus a project type guy. Especially if we pick up some of the remaining amount of the deal.

It'd be a real shame if a contender lost a couple arms and needed a SP really bad...

Comment

If we trade him to the Yankees, I'd love for us to get Mark Montgomery, but I know we won't.
                    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• I imagine, if he keeps this up, one B- player or a couple C+ players. That might be optimistic with his past though

Comment

• Thought this was a very interesting look at Ricky

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/so-it...o-youre-after/
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                        X