Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's only 9 points below his career OBP right now.

Comment

Turning his season around: Josay Reyez is doing it right.

Comment

Until being presented with the actual base he stole for his 400th career steal, Jose Reyes was unaware he was even approaching a milestone shared with only five other active players.

“When the guy brought the base to me, you know, ‘That’s your 400th stolen base,’ I didn’t even know,” said Reyes, who joined the 400 club on Saturday with a steal of second base.

Reyes stole two more bases Sunday to give him 32 this season, five behind National League leader Michael Bourn of the Braves.

But the number that Reyes is most proud of this season is 132.

That’s the number of games he has played in, and it’s the strongest indication that Reyes is completely healthy for the first time in years.

Reyes, who has played in all but two of the Marlins’ 134 games, has not played in as many as 150 games since 2008.

“That’s one part I’m very proud and happy, just to be on the field with no problems,” said Reyes, who battled an assortment of leg injuries over the past few seasons while with the Mets.

Juan Pierre is the active stolen base leader with 586.

Others with at least 400 stolen bases: Ichiro Suzuki, Carl Crawford, Johnny Damon and Omar Vizquel.
        http://www.bradenton.com/2012/09/03/...#storylink=cpy
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Jose Reyes, like most players, doesn’t care for extra innings. He prefers to play nine and go home. But Reyes has done something in extra innings this season that no player has done since 1984: collect one of every hit — single, double, triple and home run.

Reyes, completed the rare extra-inning “cycle” in Friday’s 10th inning when he tripled. Reyes is now 5-for-9 in extra innings this season with a single, double, two triples and home run. The last player to collect one of every hit in extra frames was the Cubs’ Ryne Sandberg in ’04.

Meanwhile, Reyes’ two triples on Friday put him into a first-place tie in the National League with Chicago’s Starlin Castro and Colorado’s Dexter Fowler.

“The triple has become a big part of my game,” said Reyes, who now has 110 career triples. “It does a lot of things. If you triple with less than two outs, it puts a man at third with less than two outs.”

Reyes’ drove in three runs with his triples on Friday, including two in the decisive 10th inning in the Marlins’ 9-7 victory over the Nationals.
          http://www.bradenton.com/2012/09/09/...#storylink=cpy
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Id be more impressed if he did it all in one ridiculously long extra inning game.

/hard to please
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

MIAMI -- Because of his speed, and ability to create havoc on the bases, Jose Reyes has long been considered a prototypical leadoff batter.

But baseball is a game of adjustments, and Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen believes the four-time All-Star shortstop can be more effective batting third.

"I don't think he's a true leadoff hitter," Guillen said. "Even though he's been leading off all of his life. He wasn't walking much. His on-base percentage is not that great. It's good. I don't mind him hitting second or third."

Actually, Reyes has been anchored in the third spot since Hanley Ramirez was traded to the Dodgers on July 25.

Reyes opened the season batting first, and he appeared in 95 games at that spot, batting .274 with a .339 on-base percentage.

Since moving into the No. 3 spot, he's hitting .290 with a .345 on-base percentage.

When the switch to third was made, Guillen made it clear that he didn't want Reyes to change his game. From either spot, he's continued to steal bases.

In 95 games, he stole 23 bases from leadoff, and he's had 12 steals in 46 games batting third.

Guillen said he plans on batting Reyes and Giancarlo Stanton third and fourth, respectively, next year.

The hope is for Emilio Bonifacio to bat first.

"I expect Bonifacio to be our leadoff hitter next year," Guillen said. "We'll find out who is going to be our second hitter, and then the rest."
              http://miami.marlins.mlb.com/news/ar...k_mia&c_id=mia

Comment

"I don't think he's a true leadoff hitter. Even though he's been leading off all of his life. He wasn't walking much. His on-base percentage is not that great."

"I expect Bonifacio to be our leadoff hitter next year."

Comment

yeah I was encouraged to see him talking about OBP, but then...

Comment

He committed error the 500,000th error in MLB history.

Comment

Success!
                      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

SS Jose Reyes is the first shortstop since 1900 to collect at least 10 triples and 30 stolen bases while walking more than striking out in multiple seasons, according to STATS LLC.
                        http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,4696722.story

kinda cool

Comment

Since April 26th:

Comment

"Franchise crippling contract"

Comment

ehe

Comment

"basically emilio bonifacio"
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X