Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening Night 2012: About 2,000 Single Game Tickets Will Be Available in Lottery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woop

Comment

I may wait and come down for the homestand over my bday. Sampson said it would start the 13th and since my bday is the 14th I think it would be a nice little present to myself.

Comment

I think this has been spoken about already but Marlins scheduled exhibition game with the Yankees to open the ballpark before the regular season. Guessing it's the last spring training game.

Comment

Set your watches for Opening Night

ESPN has announced a 7 p.m. start time for the Marlins' season-opener against the World Series champion St. Louis Cardinals on April 4. The openerwill be the first played in the new ballpark, of course, and will also kick offESPN's coverage of Major-League baseball for the 2012 season.

After openingtheir new ballpark with the single game against the Cards, the Marlins will immediately hit the road and open a series the following day in Cincinnati against the Reds. That game, scheduled for 4 p.m., will be televised on ESPN2.
          http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_...ing-night.html
          --------------------
          A 20-game weekend package will go on sale soon, but regular-season individual game tickets won’t go on sale until Fanfest. With capacity at 36,500 — with another 700 standing room seats — the Marlins expect to draw 2.8 million fans, which would equate to 34,567 per game. About 2,000 seats will be made available by lottery for the April 4 opener, which predictably has the highest demand of any home game.
          http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/01/0...ing-shape.html
          Last edited by Party; 01-12-2012, 08:53 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

The schedule for the first two games kind of sucks for the team. Think that the #2 guy (probably Buerhle) will have to skip Opening Day and be in Cincy?
            God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
            - Daft

Comment

It's just like a travel day. What's out of place? The day game?

Comment

Yeah, a day away game after a home night game. It shouldn't be that big of a deal that early in the season, but it's something you don't see often.
                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                - Daft

Comment

19 days till they announce the winners of the lottery

There is some confusion as to how many tickets will be made available. Is it 2K or 1K?

My friends and I are doing this thing where 5 of us are going in on a 20 game weekend plan but were only buying 4 seats. $388 a guy for Sec 313 (includes parking pass).

So were going to have a drawing and 1 guy is going to get screwed out of an Opening Night ticket. Should be some high drama at this drawing.

We made a pact that if anyone gets picked in the lottery they have to give the loser at the draw the option to buy the lottery tickets.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

only pact I care for is blackout

Comment

Have those of you who bought season tickets early already received your seating assignments for Opening Night?

Are you in the same seats as your season tickets?

Comment

We are
                        - Daft

Comment

Email I received today:

Opening Night - Full/41-Game Plan STH's

Starts: Tue., Feb. 21 at 10 a.m. ET
                          Ends: Wed., Feb. 22 at 10 p.m ET

Passcode sent in an email. Passcodes are for one time use only. Tickets are subject to availability.

Opening Night - Mini Plan STH Ticket Drawing Winners

Starts: Thurs., Feb. 23 at 10 a.m. ET
                          Ends: Fri., Feb. 24 at 10 p.m ET

Passcode sent in an email. Passcodes are for one time use only. Tickets are subject to availability.

Remaining Games - All Season Ticket Holders

Starts: Fri., Feb. 24 at 10 a.m. ET
                          Ends: Tue., Feb. 28 at 10 p.m ET

Passcode sent in an email. Tickets are subject to availability.

Opening Night - Ticket Opportunity Winners

Starts: Wed., Feb. 29 at 10 a.m. ET
                          Ends: Thu., March 1 at 10 p.m ET

Remaining Games - Marlins Insiders

Starts: Thu., March 1 at 10 a.m. ET
                          Ends: Thu., March 1 at 10 p.m ET

Passcode sent in an email. Tickets are subject to availability.

Comment

passc0d3z

Comment

Jorge, if I'm understanding you correctly Mini Plan STH's who get picked in the lottery can purchase tickets before non STH's who get picked in the lottery?

Comment

Woo woo, first in line!
                                - Daft

Comment

Working...
                                X