back to back HS MIFers...odd
    --------------------
    6'0" 175lbs
    --------------------
    apparently hit the pressbox of the football stadium:

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=37&f=2704&t=5957204
    Last edited by emkayseven; 06-07-2011, 12:38 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Looks like to me first WTF pick by Marlins (This yr version of Marquis Cooper/Andrew Toles)

Comment

Surprised we went with a positional HSer, not that I'm mad just surprised...but I know nothing about him.

Comment

Palmer is the best offensive SS in the State hands down. He has electric bat speed. Palmer lacks the defensive prowess of some of the other guys above or he would be the #1 player in Georgia. We think Palmer will move to 3B or 2B at the Pro level. This guy can hit a fastball with both average and power. If Tyler learns to play at top end energy everyday this kid could be a big leaguer. He runs 6.80 and has plenty of tools. Palmer has committed to the University of Georgia.
        http://www.baseballscoutz.com/news_a...errer_id=83808
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

[url]

some videos in the link of him fielding and batting.

/edit one sec, the link is not working
          Originally posted by Matt Wilson
          Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
          Tom Koehler(4-0)
          AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

gonna be a tough sign I think. From October when UGA nabbed him:

A 6-0, 180-pound switch-hitter from Odum, Ga., Tyler is the son of Gerimi and Jenny Palmer. He attends Wayne County High School where he plays for coach Brad Weir. A multi-sport athlete for the Jackets, he has earned letters in baseball, football, basketball and golf, and he has had perfect attendance since the eighth grade. As a junior, he batted .471 with 14 home runs and 61 RBI plus registered 16 stolen bases. The Jackets went 28-5, captured the region title and advanced to the final four of the state playoffs. He was named Best Offensive Player and Region Player of the Year. As a sophomore, he hit .438-7-35 with 14 stolen bases. Palmer has been a member of Junior Team Georgia that won a title, and he made the All-Tournament team.

"I've always wanted to attend UGA, and I'm looking forward to playing baseball there and getting an education," said Palmer.

"Tyler is an excellent middle infielder with great pop for his size," said Perno. "He is going to be very good at the plate and in the field and capable of making an immediate impact."
            http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-...111510aac.html
            --------------------
            also pitched:

Wayne County ace Tyler Palmer handcuffed the Mustangs offense, allowing just three hits and striking out nine. South Effingham only had one runner advance as far as second base and that came in the top of the fifth inning.
            http://sports.effinghamherald.net/pr.../article/1573/
            Last edited by emkayseven; 06-07-2011, 12:44 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

He isn't in BA Georgia database (In a yr they say is not up to par)

Comment

from per-fect-game-.org

Tyler Palmer is a 2011 SS with a 6-0 170 lb. frame from Odum, GA who attends Wayne County HS. Lean and slender build, developing strength. Tall stance, balanced even load, limited lower half in swing, line drive plane, good hand strength at contact, shows some lift on his pitch. 6.98 runner, smooth infield actions, good lateral range, long release with good arm strength and carry. Good student, verbal commitment to Georgia.

Comment

http://www.skillshow.com/Skillshow/V...ay=1919930113#
                  Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                  Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                  Tom Koehler(4-0)
                  AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

check out the video onthe link fish and chips just posted. hell of a voice.

Comment

Those are poor 60 times.

Hopefully he runs faster ingame.

Comment

Originally posted by LocoMarlinFan View Post
                        Looks like to me first WTF pick by Marlins (This yr version of Marquis Cooper/Andrew Toles)
                        What suggests that?
                        poop

Comment

Originally posted by LocoMarlinFan View Post
                          He isn't in BA Georgia database (In a yr they say is not up to par)
                          Isnt it possible they just never had a chance to evaluate him?
                          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                            check out the video onthe link fish and chips just posted. hell of a voice.
                            Good ol' country boy. I like the kid and hope we sign him.

Comment

Love his smoothness in the field. Looks more athletic than Barron at the plate and the field as well, but only 6 foot obviously.

Comment

Working...
                              X