Epic Pitching Matchup Between JJ And Doc Ends In 2-1 Marlins Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
    Pure speculation but I never see him being a lights out 9th inning guy.
    How many of those are there in baseball?

If he can continue doing what he's done this year, nobody will have any real reason to complain (and I'm not talking about his saved percentage.)
    poop

Comment

no such thing as a lights out closer

Comment

I figured Ramp saying those things wouldbe a dead give away he was being sarcastic. Ramp be no dummy!

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
          no such thing as a lights out closer
          Eh.

Mo has a .799 WHIP over the course of the last 5 years. He has the best ERA+ of any pitcher in baseball history with a minimum of 1000 IP, and it's not even close.

If he's not lights out, then nobody in the history of baseball has been. He's lights out.
          poop

Comment

There's always an exception.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
              Eh.

Mo has a .799 WHIP over the course of the last 5 years. He has the best ERA+ of any pitcher in baseball history with a minimum of 1000 IP, and it's not even close.

If he's not lights out, then nobody in the history of baseball has been. He's lights out.
              no such thing as a lights out closer.... anymore (or so it would seem)

edit: man... Mo is still fucking awesome

anyway, he is the major exception

Comment

I'm going to be a thread douchebag, and say that I find it funny no one is questioning Edwin's move tonight in the 7th to keep JJ in. Guess that's what happens when the move works.

Note: I was in favor of this move, just like I was in favor of the move to keep him in for the 8th in St. Louis.

Comment

people questioned it in the game thread

Comment

I was against it in St Louis and tonite but it worked tonite. Live and die by the sword.. At least Edwin is consistent

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                      I'm going to be a thread douchebag, and say that I find it funny no one is questioning Edwin's move tonight in the 7th to keep JJ in. Guess that's what happens when the move works.

Note: I was in favor of this move, just like I was in favor of the move to keep him in for the 8th in St. Louis.
                      Whether it worked or not shouldn't matter. Playing the result is stupid.
                      poop

Comment

Also, last year Fredi used to take out JJ for Pinto.

JJ at 100+ pitches>Most of our bullpen this year+last year+almost every other pitcher in the majors.

He's like a child in the pool. At some point we need to take off the floaties and put him in the big kid pool to teach him how to swim.

Comment

Whether it worked or not shouldn't matter. Playing the result is stupid.
                          Well, I'm really glad Edwin left him in tonight.

Said so before it happened on the other board which is filled with great stuff tonight, isn't it?

Anyway, my reasoning was:
                          1. I trust Josh Johnson because he's awesome.
                          2. The farther we can extend the game still having our two lefties in the pen against this Phillies lineup, the better.

That's what I was thinking tonight...
                          --------------------
                          With all this said, I totally disagreed with the move to intentionally walk Dane Sardinha in the 6th inning. Because he's Dane Sardinha.
                          Last edited by Erick; 05-10-2011, 09:52 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

You create a force out with the lifetime AL pitcher who is batting .05. No matter how bad Sardinha is, he's not Roy Halladay.
                            --------------------
                            But wow, Sardinha is bad.
                            Last edited by Bobbob1313; 05-10-2011, 09:55 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                            poop

Comment

You create a force out with the lifetime AL pitcher who is batting .05. No matter how bad Sardinha is, he's not Roy Halladay.
                              I'll take my chances with JJ getting the career .593 .OPS guy (IN THE MINOR LEAGUES), and then having Halladay leadoff the next inning.

Sardinha has no business being in the big leagues; he's basically an automatic out in the 8th spot.

Comment

Did Rich and Tommy mention tonight that Ibanez is a Miami guy?

Comment

Working...
                                X