Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacksonville: Viosergy Rosa, 1B

Discuss if you want.
    Last edited by Miamarlin21; 06-08-2010, 06:38 PM.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Out of Washington HS in the Bronx

6'3 195lbs 1B

Comment

Viosergy Rosa – Vio is a Sophomore transfer from Wallace Comm. College. Vio hit in the three hole for Wallace last year and was an everyday player. Look for the same here at OC with his ability to defend and provide offensive pop to our line-up. Vio is from the Bronx, NY
      From the Wranglers website.

Comment

Former GW first baseman Rosa taken by Marlins in 29th round:

Viosergy Rosa didn’t make the George Washington baseball team until his senior year. Tuesday afternoon, the Odessa College (Texas) standout was taken in the 29th round (887 overall).
        “I’ve always had that ‘I’ll show you’ attitude ever since I started playing baseball,” The Bronx native said. “I always heard I was too skinny, not good enough. I want to prove people wrong. I’m on my way.”
        The power-hitting first baseman isn’t sure yet what his plans are, however. He has been offered a full scholarship to play baseball at Northwestern University out of the Big 10, but pro ball intrigues him, too. Negotiations have yet to begin, but Rosa, 19, would like his two years of college to be included in the contract.
        “If they offer what is fair, I’ll go,” said Rosa, who hit .376 with 17 home runs and 78 RBIs this season for Odessa. “How many people get this opportunity? It’s a dream. It’s a hard decision.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_...V8zucxUnnB94SL

Comment

Signed on GCL roster

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=t_ros&cid=467

Comment

Named to the NYPL All Star team

Rosa, who is a team leader in many offensive categories is in his second season with the Jamestown Jammers. This season Jammers first baseman Rosa is fifth in the New York-Penn League in on-base percentage with .405, in addition to his top five on-base percentage statistic his .282 batting average leads the Jammers. Rosa is tied for the team lead in doubles with nine, he is third in the league in walks and currently leads the team in walks with 27. Rosa has played in 38 games this season which is three less then he played the entire season last year. Rosa's plate selection this season has been stellar, his patience at the plate has made him look like an entirely different hitter from his performance last season.
            http://jamestown.jammers.milb.com/ne...=.jsp&sid=t489
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

So, got to see this kid too. Was high on him given last year's stats.

Boy is his swing all over the place. Lots of moving parts.

First AB he K'd on 3 pitches. Swung at all of them. Didn't come close to touching any of the pitches. Every swing looked like this ridiculous one. Notice the hand/bat movement and how early the front foot goes down.

This is from a later at bat in which he made solid contact. It was a flyout, but notice that the hands are moving a little less. Front foot still comes down super early.

Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

The foot coming down early isn't an issue. In fact, it's preferred for high leg kicks. The issue with Rosa is that all of his weight is shifting forward with the foot coming down and robbing him of all his power; he's all arms at that point.

Those couple of swings are super gross.

Comment

MLBPipeline.com #30 prospect

Scouting grades: Hit: 45 | Power: 50 | Run: 20 | Arm: 45 | Field: 40 | Overall: 40

A late bloomer who was cut three time from his high school team, Rosa has broken out since reaching full-season ball in 2013. He hit 23 home runs in 2013 with Class A Greensboro and was named the MVP of the Southern League championship series in 2014 after a late-season promotion to Double-A Jacksonville.

Big and strong, Rosa creates power and is capable of tape-measure shots, especially when he's able to turn on the ball. He's a patient hitter, willing to work a walk, but there's also some swing-and-miss in his game.

Rosa is an adequate defender, but he'll have to keep hitting in the upper levels of the Minor Leagues to continue advancing. It'll be up to his bat to get him to the Major Leagues.
                  http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2015?list=mia

Comment

Working...
                  X