• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like an asshole.

Comment

DOMINATION
      --------------------
      I think Briceps and LoMo are gon get along reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal good
      Last edited by emkayseven; 01-15-2012, 09:24 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

“hey Austin, it is my pleasure to be able to tell you that you have won Minor League Pitcher of the month for August. I was just shocked and didn’t know what to do with myself. All those years of hard work and sweat was what paid off in the end.
        Sounds like considered retiring.

Comment

Austin Brice is a young Miami Marlins right-handed pitching prospect in the team’s farm system. In 2012, Brice pitched for the Greensboro Grasshoppers of the South Atlantic League. Brice was drafted in the ninth round, 287th overall of the 2010 MLB Draft and has spent the previous two summers playing in the Gulf Coast League. Although Brice is just 20-years-old, he has already being known as a top prospect being ranked 19th by MLB.com and 12th by Baseball America and Baseball Prospectus.

With the Grasshoppers in 2012, Brice was 8-6 in 19 starts. He recorded a 4.35 ERA as well as striking out 122 batters. He also got some time in the reliever role earning three saves on the season. Brice will also be pitching for the Grasshoppers in the South Atlantic League playoffs in an effort to win the championship. The team won the first half Northern Division title and will face the Hagerstown Suns in the playoffs.

With the decent record, scouts still say Brice needs to improve upon somethings. Those things being his breaking ball and changeup. Brice also hit the disabled list in August due to right forearm tendinitis. The team seems to be high on Brice and if it continues, he could be in the Marlins rotation by 2015.

Remember, he is still only 20, so there is definitely still a lot of grooming Brice will have to go through but the fact that he is out of the rookie league and is doing OK in Low-A, it gives the team a lot of hope for the future of the team’s pitching rotation.
          http://www.rantsports.com/miami-marl...-austin-brice/
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Went to the Jacksonville game tonight which he started. (Totally unexpected, back to back Marlins affiliate games three states away from each other, woohoo!)

He threw 93-95 with ease and touched 96 several times. Honestly had no idea his velocity was so high. Command was pretty good. He has a very smooth delivery that he repeats with ease.

However...

his offspeed stuff is all over the place.

He he peppers it in occasionally, generally between 84-86 but saw as low as 79 and as high as 87. He has trouble commanding it. He hung a curve that got crushed for a homer, he pulled the string on one in the dirt to K a guy, he threw a changeup over the pitcher's head. His delivery is also very slightly different when throwing offspeed stuff. The leg kick is a bit higher and it seems like the hitters know it's coming.

overall I'm impressed with the velocity on his fastball and his control of the pitch. Most of his trouble tonight came on offspeed stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
              Went to the Jacksonville game tonight which he started. (Totally unexpected, back to back Marlins affiliate games three states away from each other, woohoo!)

He threw 93-95 with ease and touched 96 several times. Honestly had no idea his velocity was so high. Command was pretty good. He has a very smooth delivery that he repeats with ease.

However...

his offspeed stuff is all over the place.

He he peppers it in occasionally, generally between 84-86 but saw as low as 79 and as high as 87. He has trouble commanding it. He hung a curve that got crushed for a homer, he pulled the string on one in the dirt to K a guy, he threw a changeup over the pitcher's head. His delivery is also very slightly different when throwing offspeed stuff. The leg kick is a bit higher and it seems like the hitters know it's coming.

https://vine.co/v/eaETaK1Tvwn

https://vine.co/v/eaETXgg2rPQ

overall I'm impressed with the velocity on his fastball and his control of the pitch. Most of his trouble tonight came on offspeed stuff.
              I've always seen him as a reliever long term. Love the talent though.

Comment

MLBPipeline #17 Prospect

Scouting grades: Fastball: 60 | Curveball: 50 | Changeup: 40 | Control: 40 | Overall: 45
                With good size and arm strength, Brice looks the part of a power pitcher. But so far in his professional career, he hasn't been able to find the kind of consistency necessary to maximize his physical tools.

Brice throws his fastball in the low to mid 90s, occasionally reaching even higher velocities. His curveball is his best secondary offering, while his changeup remains a work in progress. There's some effort to his delivery and his control suffers as a result.

Brice did a better job of throwing strikes in 2014, but he'll need to continue to improve his command to reach his potential as a starter. If not, his powerful fastball-curveball combination would likely play up in the bullpen.
                http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2015?list=mia

John Sickels #11 Prospect

11) Austin Brice, RHP; Grade C+: Age 22, posted 3.60 ERA with 109/55 K/BB in 127 innings in High-A. Often viewed as future reliever due to erratic command and problems finding a third pitch, but the fastball and curve are impressive and his walk rate showed sharp improvement last year. Some breakout potential remains.
                http://www.minorleagueball.com/2015/...pects-for-2015

Comment

Working...
                X