No announcement yet.

New Uniforms Discussion: New Uniforms Seen FIRST on SoFlaMarlins.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unless they aren't marketing to people who are already Marlins fans?
    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge18 View Post
      Are you guys seriously saying that you won't watch a team, or go to games just because of a logo??

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. If they go out this off season and make a splash and sign some big names players, you're going to forgot all about this logo.

I'll be first in line to buy a hat when they start selling them.
      No one has said that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
        Creamer site:

-Two alternate uniforms, one black and one orange

-No pinstripes on the home uniforms.
        Why the hell do we need two alternates? As of right now, we hardly wear the gray road jerseys as it is. We basically have two jerseys; home whites and the black alternate used for road games. We usually only wear the gray road jerseys when we're playing the Mets or Rockies and they choose to wear their black jerseys.

Players are human beings, too and humans are creatures of habit. If we're still going to have a black alternate, I don't see why the players would ever choose to wear the orange (since my understanding is that the starting pitcher usually decides which jersey to wear that day).

The only exception I can think of is the Astros. They wear the white pinstripes and black hat at home most of the week, the solid white with red hat on Saturday at home and the red alternate with black hat on Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
          Why the hell do we need two alternates?
          more swag for people to buy

Comment

• If your base doesn't like it you have a problem.

The Blue Jays set is going to be gobbled up by the base and casual fans.
            --------------------
            Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
            Why the hell do we need two alternates? As of right now, we hardly wear the gray road jerseys as it is. We basically have two jerseys; home whites and the black alternate used for road games. We usually only wear the gray road jerseys when we're playing the Mets or Rockies and they choose to wear their black jerseys.

Players are human beings, too and humans are creatures of habit. If we're still going to have a black alternate, I don't see why the players would ever choose to wear the orange (since my understanding is that the starting pitcher usually decides which jersey to wear that day).

The only exception I can think of is the Astros. They wear the white pinstripes and black hat at home most of the week, the solid white with red hat on Saturday at home and the red alternate with black hat on Sunday.
            More and more teams are putting their uniforms on a set rotation. Don't be surprised if that happens next year.
            Last edited by Party; 09-21-2011, 12:30 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Did someone remember to ask Hanley if he will play in the new uniforms?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                more swag for people to buy
                I've said this before, orange is not a very popular color that people want to wear all the time (unless you're a 'Canes fan and only want to wear their stuff). If you're given three other options of something to buy, odds are that orange is not going to be flying off the shelves. Black is much more common and popular and will likely be the much better seller.

Comment

I've said this before, orange is not a very popular color that people want to wear all the time (unless you're a 'Canes fan and only want to wear their stuff). If you're given three other options of something to buy, odds are that orange is not going to be flying off the shelves. Black is much more common and popular and will likely be the much better seller.
                  The Dolphins' orange jerseys sold and still pretty well.

Comment

That's kind of bold statement, don't you think? Who are you to say that orange isn't a popular color? Canes and Dolphins fans don't seem to hate it that much.

Comment

• The Dolphins don't have a black alternate. Would you buy a bright orange jersey over a black one?

Comment

• They have a navy blue alternate.

Comment

I've said this before, orange is not a very popular color that people want to wear all the timer
                          "They" won't have to wear it all the time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge18 View Post
                            That's kind of bold statement, don't you think? Who are you to say that orange isn't a popular color? Canes and Dolphins fans don't seem to hate it that much.
                            Observation. Tell me truly how many people you see walking around in orange that is not a team jersey. Like I said, with the 'Canes and Dolphins, you really don't have much of a choice. If you're given a choice between bright orange and black, which are you picking?
                            Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 09-21-2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                              I love when people imply that since they don't like something, obviously the team dint do any field testing or did it inappropriately. Todd did it a while back and we all killed him for it and now Omar is doing it. It's really silly.
                              Considering the overwhelming disapproval online and in Miami for the logo, they either didn't do field testing or had bad methodologies. I feel very confident in this opinion.
                              God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                              - Daft

Comment

• Originally posted by Omar View Post
                                Considering the overwhelming disapproval online and in Miami for the logo, they either didn't do field testing or had bad methodologies. I feel very confident in this opinion.
                                How many casual fans have you heard from?
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X