No announcement yet.

New Uniforms Discussion: New Uniforms Seen FIRST on SoFlaMarlins.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really don't care for it on black, but its not so awful that I won't get used to it. Color scheme-wise its close to what I was expecting with all the reports so that isn't really a shock. If you hated the color scheme you're probably going to hate this.

I'll wait til the full package comes out to hold final judgment.

Comment

• If the Marlins wanted to sell more merchandise they failed miserably. I'd say it's getting 70-30 against right now.

Comment

• From my large amount of experience observing the market, I can conclude random people in Asia aren't going to buy hats with that on it and they love to buy hats with MLB logos.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• 1 877 MARLINS

Press 1 for English and 0 for the Front Desk at the stadium. For those who don't like it, registering your complaints now will get something done.

I called and the lady at the front desk had no idea it had leaked. So no one has complained yet.

Comment

• JCR got a no comment from Samson, and JCR is basically destroying it.

I'd assume they know it's not popular. I'd also assume they don't care.

I would really like it on a hat if it's just the "M".

Comment

• I think it's important that they hear it from the fans and not the press.

Comment

• I happen to think it's perfect, very Miami, fresh, and deco style yet modern. Don't see what the problem is. I was expecting a full on Devil Rays style rainbow.
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Its just so far away from where the "Florida Marlins" are that most are probably going to hate it right away. Change is scarrry. DBacks fans freaked out after their colors scheme change a few years back. It's definitely not as bad as I was expecting, but that can change either way when I see it matched up with the uniforms. I think its a little unfair to judge this separately without seeing the final product.

Comment

• I put the 'MARLINS' wordmark from the ballpark logo into What the Font and the closest match was 20th Century.

Just an FYI.

Comment

• I'm a fan of it to the extent that M logo is simplified for the hat (just ditch the fish there).

I think that multi-color outline has awesome potential for jersey numbers.

Just stay away from the pinstripes on the jersey and I'm in love.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
                        If the Marlins wanted to sell more merchandise they failed miserably. I'd say it's getting 70-30 against right now.
                        I'd guess the reaction is worse amongst Marlins diehards than the general public.
                        poop

Comment

• Ehe.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index....post&p=1644184

I like the blue.

Comment

• Originally posted by MK7 View Post
                            I happen to think it's perfect, very Miami, fresh, and deco style yet modern. Don't see what the problem is. I was expecting a full on Devil Rays style rainbow.
                            If you mean Miami as in the decade of the 1980s or Brito, sure. Very Miami.

If you mean Miami as in the parts that watch baseball games and buy merchandise, then no. Not Miami at all.
                            God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                            - Daft

Comment

• Originally posted by Omar View Post
                              If you mean Miami as in the decade of the 1980s or Brito, sure. Very Miami.

If you mean Miami as in the parts that watch baseball games and buy merchandise, then no. Not Miami at all.
                              It's not Brito at all. It couldn't really be less Brito.

And what part of Miami goes to baseball games and is separate from the rest of the city?

And what would be more appropriate for the part of Miami that watches baseball games?
                              Last edited by Bobbob1313; 09-21-2011, 10:36 AM.
                              poop

Comment

• Paul Lukas is confirming the logo is real: http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=6999810

Comment

Working...
                                X