No announcement yet.

New Uniforms Discussion: New Uniforms Seen FIRST on SoFlaMarlins.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculation: New Uniforms Discussion: New Uniforms Seen FIRST on SoFlaMarlins.com

SOFLAMARLINS EXCLUSIVE

First posted at 12:15 EDT right here.
    Love it!
    17.39%
    I like it
    30.43%
    It's alright
    19.57%
    I don't like it
    15.22%
    I hate it! It sucks balls!
    10.87%
    No Opinion
    6.52%
    Last edited by Party; 11-11-2011, 01:10 PM.

Loria will invent a color

something so fierce, Lady GaGa and Elton John will shit themselves instantly once they see this new color

Comment

Loria was overheard last year by a member on MB.com that he likes traditional baseball colors like red, white and blue. But he will go with what sells: black and silver.
      I find it odd that art snob Loria--the same guy who designed his own gaudy WS rings to suit his refined aesthetic sensibilities and who also wants to put up some ridiculous, artsy-fartsy bobbing marlin for HR celebrations--in the end will just be a merchandising whore when it comes to determining the colors for the new uniforms.

Comment

I even went back to confirm:

During BP, EvenLittler SoFlaFish and myself were sitting/leaning on the railings behind home plate. Just below us Jeffrey Loria was talking to two guests of his, who appeared to be a college professor of his from Yale and his wife (they were talking alumni "stuff"). I was listening to their conversation when it turned to "stadium talk." Loria was telling the couple that they're getting a new stadium and that originally he wanted [I couldn't get the name he said] to design the exterior of the park and have HOK do the interior, but that "things don't work that way and HOK is doing the whole park . . . plus, the County is paying for 2/3 of it and they are in control." Loria also told the couple, "Once a shovel hits the dirt, they're going to be starting the redesign of the team uniforms." The couple asked about color schemes or designs and Loria said, "I love red, white, and blue, but too many teams have those colors. I think we'll go with what sells and that is silver and black." Finally, the wife in the couple said, "There sure are alot of Mets fans here, do you have your own fans." At that point (and I wasn't truly paying attention to Loria here because I was having EvenLittler SoFlaFish focus on the fielders practicing) I hear Loria say, "Sure, we do just look over your shoulder!" I look, and he's pointing to me and EvenLittler SoFlaFish who were wearing our Marlins jerseys and caps (me in my #22 Leiter jersey; EvenLittler in his #35 Willi[e] jersey).

Comment

These are gonna be like those old Diamondbacks unis that have like 19 different colors and 11 different alternate jerseys/caps.

Comment

Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
            These are gonna be like those old Diamondbacks unis that have like 19 different colors and 11 different alternate jerseys/caps.
            Not enough flair.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Comment

Silver and black isn't much of a rebrand, though. Our bp jerseys are already silver and black

Comment

Hopefully we can get some gradients going like early Drays

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
                  Not enough flair.
                  I'm referring more to the new jerseys likely containing the colors black, silver, blue, white orange, lighter blue, fiercer orange, midnight blue, sleeker black, ambivalent silver, Hanley blue, not as sleek but still kinda sleek black, Stanton orange, Fip white, Crist orange, and, I dunno, periwinkle. And they'll have an alternate jersey and cap in each color.

Comment

You should also note: there was an incredible chorus of boos when they mentioned dropping teal at FanFest
                    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                    - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
                      According to former Marlins graphic artist fishcatheat
                      So he lost his job for posting sensitive info at MB.com? Sucks for him. But interesting to know that people that work for the Marlins do actually read the site. I mean, it's not exactly surprising, but proof is cool.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of the Teal, but it being a traditional color of the Marlins will make me sad to see it go. On the other hand, I AM a fan of adding some shade of blue, but I will be very upset if it's a generic blue that's indistinguishable from ever other team's color. I like the idea of UNC-type blue being incorporated, though I think that will be unlikely.

Comment

I really dislike if we incorporate more black into our color scheme. I think there is already too much. I am a big traditionalist when it comes to uniforms and I like the white home / grey away look. The black jerseys we have right now are my least favorite. I'd hate for them to become even more standard than now. Black should be an accent color, not a primary one.

Comment

Originally posted by Flum View Post
                            I'm not a huge fan of the Teal, but it being a traditional color of the Marlins will make me sad to see it go. On the other hand, I AM a fan of adding some shade of blue, but I will be very upset if it's a generic blue that's indistinguishable from ever other team's color. I like the idea of UNC-type blue being incorporated, though I think that will be unlikely.
                            The Carolina blue is a little more Miami-ish than a dark blue, and would pair well with an orange. Plus, it would be fairly unique in MLB (since the Angels ditched it a few years ago) and would distinguish the Marlins from other Orange and Blue teams. I don't know that they'll consider it, but it really would make some sense.

Comment

I know we don't play a ton of day games, but I think the idea of having all these dark colors is just a terrible idea. I think they should take more of their color inspiration from the Heat or Fins than other teams from the north.
                              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Working...
                              X