Our catching platoon is the coolest.
          poop

Comment

Not a bad 2 innings for slick Rick.

Comment

That was funny.
              poop

Comment

this Mets/Cards game is setting baseball back. So ugly.

Comment

stanton is 2-2 with his 3rd hr of the year. now OPSing something absurd like 1.285

Comment

The quest for .100!

Comment

It's so hard to get a read on Cogs; it'd be one thing if he looked all kinds of messed up, but that was good 2 strike hitting to hit that changeup to the opposite field; yes, he went out of the zone, but it was a good changeup, he squared it up and drove it.

Eventually they have to start dropping, right?
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
                      stanton is 2-2 with his 3rd hr of the year. now OPSing something absurd like 1.285
                      I'm going to amend my June 1 prediction and say May 15.
                      Last edited by Swifty; 04-17-2010, 07:08 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
                        Judging but the daily minor stats posted here it seems like he has a walk every game as well. Any chance you have his current BB:K for this season even though its still early in the season.

Comment

11 BB (2 IBBB)/9 K's for Stanton heading into tonight
                          --------------------
                          Originally posted by Swift View Post
                          It's so hard to get a read on Cogs; it'd be one thing if he looked all kinds of messed up, but that was good 2 strike hitting to hit that changeup to the opposite field; yes, he went out of the zone, but it was a good changeup, he squared it up and drove it.

Eventually they have to start dropping, right?
                          Remember that year (don't remember if it was 2009 or 2008, I think '08) when Uggla was hitting the hell out of the ball, but it was always right at people and he hit like .230 or .240 or something similarly dumb through the first few months of the season? But then, as the season wore on, those line drives started falling, and his numbers rebounded accordingly?

That's the same type of thing that's happening to CC with the balls he puts in play. Unfortunately, CC's not walking as much and striking out more, but that may be because he's pressing since the balls he makes solid contact with aren't falling.

CC will eventually rebound and his average (on balls in play, at least) will come up, but his year-end numbers still may not look as good as last season's.
                          Last edited by wanks1212; 04-17-2010, 07:14 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Right, the biggest problem for CC that I see right now is he's expanding his own zone down, which isn't all that uncommon for a left-handed hitter, so he's making it extra easy for pitchers to get him out. The blessing/curse for CC is that he has such good bat control that if he goes after it, he'll usually hit it, and it results in a lot of bad pop flies. Crazy as it sounds, it might be better for him to start missing on his swings a little more, but I have faith in the rebound, I really do. One day, he's just going to have a 3 hit game and the weight'll be off his shoulders.

Comment

Who do you expect us to not have in the outfield on May 15, if you have faith in CC's rebound?
                              poop

Comment

Whether I have faith in it is different than whether the front office does, and if Stanton forces his way up, Stanton forces his way up. CC could sit, Cody could sit, Maybin could sit, Uggla or Cody could be moved for pitching. Someone could get hurt, lots of things can happen, and given the way we operate (and this isn't a slight at all) the only position player I count on is Hanley, beyond that, you're fooling yourself if you think anyone's guarandamnteed a job.

Comment

Working...
                                X