Cantu Sets MLB Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cantu Sets MLB Records

With his fifth inning home run against the Reds on Wednesday night, Jorge Cantu has set a Major League record for the most consecutive games with both a hit and an RBI to start a season. Wednesday's game was his ninth in a row to start the year. The home run also set another record for Cantu, as he became the first player to have an RBI in the first nine games of the season.

Additionally, dating back to last season, Cantu now has an RBI in his last 13 games. That's just 4 shy of the all-time record of 17, which dates back to Oscar Ray Grimes for the 1922 Chicago Cubs.
    Last edited by emkayseven; 04-14-2010, 08:44 PM.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Guy sucks

Comment

I think you've made your point.

Comment

Matt Treanor just struck out in a TEX uni. He sucks too.

Comment

Originally posted by Daft View Post
          Matt Treanor just struck out in a TEX uni. He sucks too.
          It doesn't matter. He's married to Misty May

Comment

Misty May is a 6 on my 10 scale on her good days

Comment

Congrats, but confused with the entire suck-plot here. He's an average corner infielder offensively until he proves otherwise.

Comment

She's a 4 on my scale.

Back to the topic. I wonder how much this whole wrist thing effected Cantu last year, or he's just on a tear. Wrist injury or not he's seeing beach balls.

Comment

Yeah, Misty May has a nice lil booty in that bathing suit but she has a rat face

Comment

Originally posted by FishFF View Post
                    She's a 4 on my scale.

Back to the topic. I wonder how much this whole wrist thing effected Cantu last year, or he's just on a tear. Wrist injury or not he's seeing beach balls.

Well that's the thing with Cantu. When he's playing well he's "on a tear" and when he's struggling it's, "see, this is the real Jorge Cantu".

Cantu is no Brett C but he's been ok lately.

Comment

The real Jorge Cantu is an average corner infielder. Everyone has their hot and cold streaks. I don't get the point you are trying to make here. He's rated a little better when compared to 3B of the league than 1B though.

Comment

Cantu hasn't been portrayed as an average corner IF'r here though.

He's been painted as a below average corner guy by more than 2 people that frequent SFM and the old board.

That's my point

Comment

He's better than Miggs

Comment

Originally posted by Daft View Post
                            Cantu hasn't been portrayed as an average corner IF'r here though.

He's been painted as a below average corner guy by more than 2 people that frequent SFM and the old board.

That's my point
                            I mean against other first baseman he certainly is (below average). Against other 3b, he's a bit higher on the list. I don't think those are saying he is below average are that far off. His numbers just don't stack up.
                            Last edited by Ramp; 04-14-2010, 10:38 PM.

Comment

No need to bring Treanor into this.

Comment

Working...
                              X