X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Cantu Can Do It All, Fish Take Series with 6-5 Victory

Cantu

4-2

me like. especially with all the damn errors. Someone besides Hopper actually looked good today
    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Geez, already 3-0 in 1 run affairs.
      Sanchez life

Comment

Glad we didn't get rid of the black jerseys. Not only are they my favorites but all of our wins have come while wearing the black jerseys. We have not won a game while wearing the white or gray tops.

Comment

Originally posted by dgriot View Post
          Geez, already 3-0 in 1 run affairs.

Yeah. Translation: We'll be on the wrong side of a few of these soon.

Comment

Dafty Downer.

Maybin really needs to learn how to do stuff. Cantu really knows how to do stuff.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Yeah sorry to be a Downee

Team definitely has a never say die attitude. Also, LAD usually give us fits in FLA so it was nice to see them come away with 2 wins

Comment

MIAMI -- The Marlins had an answer for the knuckleball. It was Jorge Cantu.

Cantu belted a three-run homer off knuckler Charlie Haeger in the fourth inning, then he added a two-run double off Jeff Weaver in the seventh to power the Marlins to a 6-5 win over the Dodgers at Sun Life Stadium on Sunday.

Cantu matched his career high for RBIs, marking the sixth time he's reached five. He had seven in the series and 10 on the season, with at least one in all six games.

The Marlins rebounded from a Friday loss to take two of three in the series.

Haeger's knuckleball gave the Marlins plenty of fits. Floating pitches ranging from 63 mph to 71 mph, the right-hander kept the Marlins off stride, and he struck out a career-high 12. Previously, his best was seven strikeouts, recorded against the Cubs last Aug. 22. In six innings, he scattered three hits, gave up four runs (three earned) and threw three wild pitches.

Strong through three innings, starter Anibal Sanchez ran into trouble the second time through the Dodgers' order, with Los Angeles pounding out four runs on five hits. Matt Kemp and James Loney started the inning with line-drive singles, then Ronnie Belliard ripped a single to center that skipped past Cameron Maybin. Two runs scored, and the error allowed Belliard to advance to third.

Reed Johnson delivered an RBI triple, and he scored on A.J. Ellis' suicide squeeze bunt.
                Cantu's big bat carries Marlins to win

Comment

Bonus, I will get to watch my 4th consecutive game tomorrow with the Marlins/Reds game on MLB Network. Something I rarely get to do. Seriously considering purchasing MLB Extra Innings, I am tired of only sporadically getting to see the Fish.
                  Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

maybin looks bad so far this season. i know its a bit premature to say anything.. but damn

Comment

4-2 sounds good. And at least we are getting early season wins against quality opponents, rather than the false sense of accomplishment the Nats gave us last year
                      Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

Originally posted by SLEEPnow1NtheFIRE View Post
                        maybin looks bad so far this season. i know its a bit premature to say anything.. but damn
                        Defensively, yeah. He has looked okay at the plate, though. Not great, but okay.

Comment

Maybin is in that zone where nothing will surprise me. A 4-4 day, 0-22 with 16 K's and he concust himself on first base; nothing is off limits with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewbility View Post
                            4-2 sounds good. And at least we are getting early season wins against quality opponents, rather than the false sense of accomplishment the Nats gave us last year
                            I dunno, the Mets are one Santana, Wright, or Reyes injury away from being sub-Nats.
                            Sanchez life

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
                              Maybin is in that zone where nothing will surprise me. A 4-4 day, 0-22 with 16 K's and he concust himself on first base; nothing is off limits with him.
                              Which is, I think we can all agree, many times better than his sub-Boner performance a year ago.
                              poop

Comment

Working...
                              X