Logan Morrison, 1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think about what we have.

Gaby, Cousins, Petersen, Carrol, Bonifacio, Raynor...

Every other spot is covered (catchers, coghlan, Hanley, dominguez, Morrison, maybin, Stanton) except the alternate of 1B or LF. Who you got on the above list to play?

I'm optimistic Cousins can hit a little, but if not, Gaby is the safe and reasonable choice. not a world beater, but he is adequate until a better option emerges. He doesn't get cheated up there and defense is not as bad as advertised. I think Morrisom out in LF is preparing for the eventuality that he may log considerably time in LF until the Marlins acquire someone better than Gaby.

Of course just sign Uggla for 4, keep Coghlan in LF fixes that issue. Kind of assuming coghlan can throw to a cut off man.

Comment

Was curiuos, looks like he's still struggling against LHP

BB/K v.s. lefties in NOLA: 0.33, 2/6 (30 PA, 6.7%/20%)
      Against righties: 1.88, 15/8 (83 PA, 18.1%/9.6%)

Small sample size obviously but it's also coming off a year where he put up 0.64 BB/K v.s. lefties, 2.11 against righties. At least this year he's showing power though (2 of his 3 hrs have come off lefties).

Gaby Sanchez will still see plenty of PA coming off the bench

Comment

2/4 night tonight. Average up to .317

Comment

.378/.425/.595 over his last 10.

Really glad Mike Lamb is the big shakeup lefty we have coming in.

Comment

Mike lamb is a 3 AB a week pinch hitter.

But if you'd like lomo to get called up for 3 PA a week, by all means, let's "shake it up".
            poop

Comment

Nobody on this team deserves a starting job right now. He could catch, play third base, I really don't give a fuck.

You don't keep playing the DFA game and bring crap up.

Then again, we're the team that won't even shuffle a lineup, so to bring up another super-spec makes too much sense for us.

Comment

Paulino isnt really a weakness right now.

Comment

This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

"Hey Gaby, you know that .347/.421/.592 month you're putting up...awesome work kid. Oh, by the way, you're benched."

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
                      Nobody on this team deserves a starting job right now. He could catch, play third base, I really don't give a fuck.

You don't keep playing the DFA game and bring crap up.

Then again, we're the team that won't even shuffle a lineup, so to bring up another super-spec makes too much sense for us.
                      You don't bring up a super-spec to be a utility bat off the bench.

He can play two positions, neither of which is an issue right now. The two guys playing those two positions can play two other positions, but we are not and should not bench those two players either.

And who is painting Mike Lamb as a shake up?
                      poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                        You don't bring up a super-spec to be a utility bat off the bench.

He can play two positions, neither of which is an issue right now. The two guys playing those two positions can play two other positions, but we are not and should not bench those two players either.

And who is painting Mike Lamb as a shake up?
                        Mike Lamb is a Parkinson's Disease style shakeup.
                        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

he will be up in a few weeks when we trade uggla and cantu and nolasco and everyone else off because we suck

Comment

I tweeted this earlier, but according to Rodriguez, Morrison is now playing left field "four days a week." Makes you wonder if the Marlins are shopping him for other teams in attempt to bolster the bullpen, or if they're planning on trading a guy like Cody Ross and asking Coghlan to move to center.

"Offensively, I think he's ready for the big leagues," Rodriguez said of Morrision. "Now, it's a matter of finding him a position because it looks like Gaby is going to be there for a long time."
                            http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_...#ixzz0rq1k48LA

I don't understand the love for Cantu? no reporter ever mention's him as possible trade bait and moving Coghlan back to 3rd. It's always move Cody or Morrison.

Comment

Originally posted by LocoMarlinFan View Post
                              http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_...#ixzz0rq1k48LA

I don't understand the love for Cantu? no reporter ever mention's him as possible trade bait and moving Coghlan back to 3rd. It's always move Cody or Morrison.
                              Coghlan to CF wins worst idea ever

Comment

I will quit as bullpen coach if that ever happens

THE GUY IS A FUCKING INFIELDER. HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THIS
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X