Logan Morrison, 1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
    Those 30 year olds know how to pitch. Most young pitchers at the minor league level are working on developing pitches or sustaining themselves to later innings. The 30 year olds are closer to the majors than whatever live armed 22 year old he'll face in AA because they are more complete.

You are the only fucking person who thinks this, how do you not see that?
    Because I am not the only person that thinks this. Most people think the way I do about this.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

God, there are more of you?

Comment

We relocated AAA to NOLA so we actually get to use it for development.

It's not that hard to conceptualize. Albuquerque = bad ; New Orleans = good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
          God, there are more of you?
          Many in baseball organizations apparently, since few hitting prospects see time in AAA before they move on to MLB.

And I bet Beef $38.42 that the Marlins will have a new AAA affiliate in 2011.
          Last edited by Todd; 01-28-2010, 06:10 PM.
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
            Many in baseball organizations apparently, since few hitting prospects see time in AAA before they move on to MLB.
            Have you ever actually looked? Cuz, that's completely and utterly false

In 2008, out of the top 12 hitters, only 2 haven't seen significant AAA time. One is Elvis Andrus. The other is Mike Moustakas...who spent last year in A+.

I'd go on but I'm not going to waste my time

Comment

Cameron Maybin was in AAA. We use our Triple a team now, Todd. Jesus,..
              poop

Comment

You did what?

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                  Have you ever actually looked? Cuz, that's completely and utterly false

In 2008, out of the top 12 hitters, only 2 haven't seen significant AAA time. One is Elvis Andrus. The other is Mike Moustakas...who spent last year in A+.

I'd go on but I'm not going to waste my time
                  Lol.

Comment

Logan Morrison, 1B/LF

And LoMo made his OF debut today (LF). Shakeup a brewing.

Comment

Not sure Lomo playing LF means anything's imminent other than they have a spot for him with Lane gone and want to get him time there because his immediate future (next year) is likely there.
                      poop

Comment

Is Gaby Sanchez incapable of playing LF?
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

Is Gaby Sanchez incapable of playing LF?
                          Morrison reportedly has a stronger arm and is likely more athletic.

Also, Logan is in AAA. He can learn to play LF there and not have any impact. Not so for Gaby in the majors.

And why mess with Gaby when he looks pretty good in the field right now?
                          poop

Comment

Like someone said already they toyed with Lo Mo in left last year but opted to play him at first. I don't know if it means something is going on with him playing left right now but it could. I personally want Logan as our future first baseman and not outfielder, but I could be wrong.
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

down the road that may be the case, but if there is something imminent happening any time this year the opening will be for him in LF. Gaby's done nothing to warrant being replaced.
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Gaby's not exactly lighting the world on fire either, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X