Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Cody Ross Rumblings

If this is true, I'll shoot myself:

Well you can say that I was in the right place at the right time.

Strolling down past Yankee Stadium on Sunday afternoon I happen to stop into a nice little cafe and sat down to have a coffee. The person sitting behind me gets a phone call. When he picks it up, he says "Hi Michael how you doing?"

What happens next in this conversation I wrote on a piece of napkin.

I was led to believe that the "Michael" is no one other than Florida Marlins GM Michael Hill, and the man sitting behind me is no one other than New York Yankees GM Brian Cashman.

The conversation was about a possible trade that the Yankees might be pulling off within the next 24 hrs.

The trade involved the Yankees sendng Colin Curtis and Anthony Claggett to the Marlins for outfielder Cody Ross.

Anthony Claggett has been very good in the minors, posting a 2.95 era in 30 appearances.

Collin Curtis has 12 home runs, 70 RBI's and 60 walks in AA and AAA combined this year. Also has stolen 14 bags while being caught once.

Cody Ross has 14 HR's and 53 RBI's with the Marlins thus far. Ross is an excellent defender and has some pop.

If you see this trade go down dont forget where you heard it first.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-breaking-news

TJ, any word on whether or not this is legit???
    Last edited by m26555; 07-28-2009, 11:27 AM.

Where is tjfla with our daily update.

Comment

I do really like both of those guys

If we aren't going for it, you do that trade.
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Why would we deal Ross for two spects who wouldnt help us now

Comment

You lost me at "Bleacherreport"
          Last edited by PitchingWinsGames; 07-28-2009, 11:33 AM. Reason: Semantics fail
          CSBC Commish

Comment

But we've already said we're buyers. Unless this is a precursor to another deal that would involve those prospects, I can't see this rumor being legitimate.
            --------------------
            Originally posted by PitchingWinsGames 2.0 View Post
            I like that he says he was "led to believe" that the person sitting behind him was Brian Cashman... like... he couldn't confirm this?
            Yeah; it seems VERY iffy to me.
            Last edited by m26555; 07-28-2009, 11:33 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

He was led to believe one guy was Michael Hill and he knew the other guy was Brian Cashman

Comment

Michael Hill has say in what we do? That comes as a shock to me.

Comment

I'm assuming sometimes they pass him a piece of paper with what he is allowed to say and let him use the phone during this exciting time of the year. Perhaps Beinfest was already on the other line
                  Last edited by Beef; 07-28-2009, 11:43 AM.

Comment

both of those guys suck

Comment

Cody Ross Rumblings

# Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald says the Red Sox are looking for a right-handed hitting fourth outfielder who plays good defense. He mentions Willie Bloomquist and Cody Ross as possible fits.
                      # The Marlins are looking to make moves, but it's unclear where they'd want to upgrade, according to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald. They could add a starter, a reliever or a position player, but don't expect them to trade prospects Logan Morrison and Mike Stanton. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports says the Fish "are split on whether to acquire a hitter or starting pitcher."
                      MLBtraderumors.

Comment

Lets hope Rosenthal is right because a reliever does nothing for this team

Comment

Why did we trade Hammer? And im not saying this because of what he did last night. His OPS has been in the .900's all year and is now over 1.000....
                          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Because he was chronically injured and seemed to lose all of his power after coming back last year.
                            poop

Comment

WHY is Cody being considered a possible fit ANYWHERE? This is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X