No announcement yet.

Cody Ross Rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because he's probably the most valuable outfielder on the market.

His level of production and defense for how much he makes beats anyone out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post

His level of production and defense for how much he makes beats anyone out there.
      I wonder if Cody's defense makes up for .200 points of offense from Hammer

(not being a dick, legit wondering)

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post

I understand that, but if we're really buyers like we say we are, we shouldn't be looking to move Cody at all.

Comment

Here u go guys ill try to keep u updated throughout the day

We are getting ATON of interest in Cody Ross. Yankees and Red Sox with the most interest.Houston,Detroit,and San Francisco also are interested but doubtful they could compete with the Yankees or Sox. Have not heard any players but he might be gone with us replacing him with Mark Kotsay who was DFA by Boston

If we do the Cody Ross deal with the Yankees hearing could be a 3 way with Reds,Marlins and Yankees with us getting Arthur Rhodes and prospects

Cincy-No clue?? Possibly Jeremy Hermida
          NY-Cody Ross and Harang or Arroyo
          Florida-Arthur Rhodes,a player most likely a bat, and prospects

Carl Pavano is almost 80% gonna be back with us. We are working out a deal with Cleveland with the prospect we send them depending on how much they pay on his contract.

So we are currently looking for pitching with Carl Pavano and Arthur Rhodes as targets and if we make a deal possibly Mark Kotsay as a veteran OF

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            Because he was chronically injured and seemed to lose all of his power after coming back last year.
            See, I don't fully understand the lack of power comment. He still slugged .470.

He also slugged .473 his final 39 games

When he came off the DL initially, all his power was gone... but it came back
            --------------------
            I swear to Hanley, if Kotsay is brought in I will slap a random child in public
            Last edited by Ramp; 07-28-2009, 12:32 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Here u go guys ill try to keep u updated throughout the day

We are getting ATON of interest in Cody Ross. Yankees and Red Sox with the most interest.Houston,Detroit,and San Francisco also are interested but doubtful they could compete with the Yankees or Sox. Have not heard any players but he might be gone with us replacing him with Mark Kotsay who was DFA by Boston

If we do the Cody Ross deal with the Yankees hearing could be a 3 way with Reds,Marlins and Yankees with us getting Arthur Rhodes and prospects

Cincy-No clue?? Possibly Jeremy Hermida
              NY-Cody Ross and Harang or Arroyo
              Florida-Arthur Rhodes,a player most likely a bat, and prospects

Carl Pavano is almost 80% gonna be back with us. We are working out a deal with Cleveland with the prospect we send them depending on how much they pay on his contract.

So we are currently looking for pitching with Carl Pavano and Arthur Rhodes as targets and if we make a deal possibly Mark Kotsay as a veteran OF
              Cody Ross for RHODES AND PROSPECTS? Just kill me now.

What would you say are the chances Cody actually gets dealt?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                I wonder if Cody's defense makes up for .200 points of offense from Hammer

(not being a dick, legit wondering)
                All things considered, they are probably pretty close.

Can't check now, but doesn't Cody have significantly more PAs?
                poop

Comment

I hope Ramp doesn't get the point withere he has to slap a random child in public.

Comment

Chances no clue I know we like him but he seems to be a hot name right now and we can sell high.

He is gonna be gone next year so?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                      All things considered, they are probably pretty close.

Can't check now, but doesn't Cody have significantly more PAs?
                      104 more

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                        I hope Ramp doesn't get the point withere he has to slap a random child in public.
                        I'll slap an infant in a baby carriage if we seriously deal Cody for that garbage.
                        --------------------
                        Chances no clue I know we like him but he seems to be a hot name right now and we can sell high.

He is gonna be gone next year so?
                        Yeah, but if we're trying to win this year, trading him doesn't make much sense at all.
                        Last edited by m26555; 07-28-2009, 12:36 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Guess we think we need pitching more than hitting? IDK

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                            See, I don't fully understand the lack of power comment. He still slugged .470.

He also slugged .473 his final 39 games

When he came off the DL initially, all his power was gone... but it came back
                            --------------------
                            I swear to Hanley, if Kotsay is brought in I will slap a random child in public
                            He had a .260 iso in september. That's the only time he was really close to where he should have been, and he refused to have surgery on the back. He was and still is a pretty good bet to reaggravated it, and we had to make a choice between two relatively healthy (no recurring injuries) outfielders who had a lower potential or the older, chronic bam injury guy who had a higher ceiling but also a higher chance to give you nothing.
                            poop

Comment

Guess we think we need pitching more than hitting? IDK
                              Yeah but Rhodes is a RELIEF pitcher. When are we going to get it through our thick skulls that we do NOT NEED another reliever? If we get a bat and/or starting pitcher PLUS a reliever, then great; it's an added bonus, but our PRIMARY move cannot be acquiring a bullpen guy, ESPECIALLY at the expense of one of our best hitters.

Comment

Bah, iPhone errors.

Chronic back injuries.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X