This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lou View Post
    He's worth much, much, more than Yelich and the Marlins would be lucky to get him. He's been the 5th best 3B in baseball (Cabrera if he counts, Beltre, Longoria, Zimmerman) since the start of 2010 and in his prime. If you are worried about his offense, look at his road splits and career .681 OPS in petco. That is going way way way up when he gets out of there. Honestly, I don't know why San Diego wants to move him even with Gyorko, but if they do, Marlins should be all over him. If Yelich played a different position, I would be more hesitant. But he doesn't.

Team can find a LF (and assuming they are smart and get a CF, they might already have the LF internally with Ruggiano and Ozuna), there is nothing, absolutely nothing, for years in free agency at 3B and nothing in the draft that helps before likely 2016.

Just throwing it out there. Yelich is an awesome prospect and I like him a lot, but if they can fix 3B with a longterm stud top 4-7 guy at his position in his prime, no brainer. LF is the easiest position to fill. This team can annually find someone better in LF than what Cox and the Macier Izturis/Kelly Johnson free agents of the world would bring.
    Werent you the same guy wanting the Marlins to move any player possible to acquire Joey Gathright?
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

:mjpop

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
        Werent you the same guy wanting the Marlins to move any player possible to acquire Joey Gathright?
        Weren't you the same guy who predicted Gaby Sanchez would finish with a lower slugging percentage than Emilio Bonifacio as a rookie?
        poop

Comment

And never ate a Toad...
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

He shouldn't have had to eat a frog. Chad James put up a 5+ ERA, he sucked.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that, when asked to clarify what he meant, he said James would post a 7.00-plus ERA and .900-plus OPS against.
              poop

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                He shouldn't have had to eat a frog. Chad James put up a 5+ ERA, he sucked.
                Except his exact words were "He have an ERA north of 9" among other ridiculous things.

He should absolutely eat it.

Comment

"If he pitches competitively I will eat a live frog."
                  --------------------
                  Verbatim. He didn't pitch competitively
                  --------------------
                  I'm just talking about pure frog-eating thing. Todd obviously likes to say extremes for prospects
                  --------------------
                  Does defending Todd make me a forum hipster?
                  --------------------
                  Calling Todd dumb is too mainstream
                  Last edited by nny; 09-14-2012, 11:10 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Yeah, but when asked to clarify what "competitively" meant, he said that. You're not giving all of the facts!
                    poop

Comment

When asked to clarify competitively, he said silly silly things.

Not our problem he's a ridiculous person.

Comment

It's almost hard to believe most (?) of us get laid.

Comment

Speak for yourself.
                          --------------------
                          About getting laid.
                          Last edited by Bobbob1313; 09-14-2012, 11:15 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                          poop

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                            It's almost hard to believe most (?) of us get laid.
                            You're married. "Us" doesn't apply to you anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                              Yeah, but when asked to clarify what "competitively" meant, he said that. You're not giving all of the facts!
                              http://soflamarlins.com/showthread.p...highlight=frog

He never clarified what he meant by "competitively." The part you guys are thinking of is a seperate statement all together of what he expects out of James.

Comment

Fair enough.

Didn't mean to interrupt the ribbiting debate.

see what I dun did?

Comment

Working...
                                X