No announcement yet.

Yanks, Marlins Talk A-Rod Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what "prospect" we'd have to give up for him. I would do Hand or Ozuna, but not much better than that. Is that fair?
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Stop that.

Comment

I would do a 3 way trade where we trade JJ to KC for Wil Myers and Mike Montgomery and flip Wil Myers to New York for Alex Rodriguez
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by bell_virus.exe View Post
          I would do a 3 way trade where we trade JJ to KC for Wil Myers and Mike Montgomery and flip Wil Myers to New York for Alex Rodriguez
          That basically makes no sense on every level.

Comment

I think he was making fun of stuff.

Comment

Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

I shit myself when I saw that gif.

Comment

yeah, I was definitely doing a thing
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Guys don't get to caught up in this ARod stuff YET

Alot of things have to happen before ARod comes to Miami however with that being said-there HAS been discussions but those discussions have been will he waive his No Trade Clause,waive his HR Milestone Bonus and how much the NYY would have to pay on his contract.

What I have heard is Yes he would waive his No Trade and modify his HR Bonus. Now on the amount the NYY would have to pay would be on what we would send them in return-Loria has reportedly said he wants between 85-100 million sent to cover the deal!!

The 85 mil is if NYY takes Heath Bell in return and the 100 mil would be if they would take Nolasco. There is NO prospects in those deals either.

Comment

During the A-Rod coverage on ESPN, Buster Olney made mention that A-Rod would match up well with some of the Marlins bad contracts like Heath Bell and Mark Buehrle.

Do you think the Buehrle contract is that bad? I don't.
                      This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
                      Edmonton Ice Bats
                      2007 Teal League Wildcard
                      2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
                      2010 Teal League Wildcard
                      2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

Not bad but he's definitely overpaid, as well.

With that said, I doubt Buehrle gets dealt. Nolasco would make more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
                          During the A-Rod coverage on ESPN, Buster Olney made mention that A-Rod would match up well with some of the Marlins bad contracts like Heath Bell and Mark Buehrle.

Do you think the Buehrle contract is that bad? I don't.
                          Buehrle is staying unless the NYY are like we want him and would pay 100 million to

Guys that could go to NYY would be Bell/Nolasco-Possible JJ if the NYY would be interested in a bigger deal that got rid of Bell to say JJ/Bell/mid level prospects for ARod/100 mil/1 or 2 of their better prospects(Sorry Mainge no clue exact prospects but in the past NYY have liked Chad James/Caminero)
                          Last edited by tjfla; 10-18-2012, 12:29 PM.

Comment

JJ PLUS prospects for A-Rod and one or two prospects? LOL.

Comment

I would not include Josh Johnson in a deal just for Alex Rodriguez. I would like Mason Williams in return though.
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
                                JJ PLUS prospects for A-Rod and one or two prospects? LOL.
                                What I am saying is IF a deal is made it is likely to be ARod and 85-100 mil to Miami for Nolasco OR Bell

Now IF NYY wants JJ,a deal would look like JJ,Bell and Caminero or another mid level prospect to NYY for ARod,85-100 mil,and 1 or 2 of their upper tier prospects

The only way we would even consider dealing JJ to NYY is if they take Bell and even possibly Buck in a deal/pay most of ARod's contract/and include 1 or 2 of their upper tier prospects

Comment

Working...
                                X