The Championship Banners and a Proposed Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Championship Banners and a Proposed Solution

This is my least favorite part about the new ballpark. They are horribly placed above a jumbotron that drowns them out because of their size and simplicity. To make matters worse, they are flags instead of hanging banners as seen in arenas and other domes.

I propose something like this...

[IMG][/IMG]

Some of the teams that play in domes have all tried something different.

Brewers:

Astros:

Mariners:

Rays:

Blue Jays:

Only issue I can see is that putting them where you want them would require them to be pretty outrageously large. Maybe that is how they would be in other parks too, but in that diagram you have, they'd probably be something like 40-50 feet tall. That's pretty huge.
    --------------------
    also, they'd be right in the line of the wind when it's open, which could be problematic.

Why not hanging from the green wall under the budweiser bar?
    Last edited by Bobbob1313; 04-08-2012, 07:58 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    poop

Comment

Nope, they would be 20 feet long at a maximum-- similar to the Mariners' banners. That is not much bigger than what the Heat have at the AAA. 50 feet is half a foul pole.

The only types of banners that would work over the Clevelander area are the metal ones like in Miller Park. That area would look too cluttered with the home run sculpture and all the signage (especially if we add anymore).

The dome puts them up in the rafters and gives them significance. You could also use the support beam in rightfield and place them between the home run porch and the upper deck.

Comment

I like the idea

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
          Nope, they would be 20 feet long at a maximum-- similar to the Mariners' banners. That is not much bigger than what the Heat have at the AAA. 50 feet is half a foul pole.
          I was going off the drawing you provided, which has them pretty close to half the foul pole. They look like they're about 40 feet. 3.

Where they are, is there anything to stabilize the bottom of them?
          poop

Comment

Oh lord

Comment

still think they ought to go on the black batter's eye near #42
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMendozaLine View Post
                Oh lord
                I'm sorry for discussion this discussion topic.
                poop

Comment

Originally posted by Polky View Post
                  still think they ought to go on the black batter's eye near #42
                  Is that allowed?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                    I was going off the drawing you provided, which has them pretty close to half the foul pole. They look like they're about 40 feet. 3.

I don't think he was focusing on scale when putting that render together. Just something for a visual cue.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post

Bob, it's an illustration I did on MS Paint.

The wind isn't going to be a major issues, but there are things that can be done to give them added weight. It's not big deal.
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                      Is that allowed?
                      Dead center no, where he's talking about yes. But then again you need binoculars to see where they put #42.
                      Last edited by Party; 04-08-2012, 08:44 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Maybe they just don't give a fuck about it and don't want to recognize it with the "Florida" part?
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

That's silly.
                          poop

Comment

It probably is, but just a thought.
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

There are a few Florida Marlins murals throughout the ballpark. The 1997 banner also has teal lettering. Some teams that rebrand have gone back and changed their old banners.

Comment

Working...
                              X