X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Stadium Dimensions Compared to Other Ballparks

New Stadium Dimensions

Dolphin Stadium

(The Triangle at LSS is really 410ish, not 434)

Some of the bigger parks in the league...

Some of the smaller stadiums...

Some of the older parks in the league...

Not 100% but it's a good comparison.

Stadium is going to play like the Grand Canyon when the roof is closed.

Fans are going to be on top of the action down the lines. Almost no foul territory.
    Last edited by Party; 08-14-2009, 01:57 AM.

Good to see, though I still wish we would have a Teal Tower-like structure in LF to save us as much as the current one has in 17 years.
    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
    - Daft

Comment

I'm really glad that they kept it a pitcher-friendly park. I'm not a fan of some of the band boxes that have been built recently in a shameless effort to generate more HRs.

And how cool were the Polo Grounds!

Comment

Still think it's too pitcher friendly.
        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

I wish we could just have a neutral park. Unless you rope it down the lines, it's gonna be hard to hit a dinger.
          This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Yeah, we gon be Padres-lite

Comment

the Stadium dimesions are ridiculous. i like pitcher friendly parks but 420,416 and 396 thats going to be a hard area to hit HRs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sashimi View Post
                I'm really glad that they kept it a pitcher-friendly park. I'm not a fan of some of the band boxes that have been built recently in a shameless effort to generate more HRs.

And how cool were the Polo Grounds!
                The best. I'd take those dimensions in a heartbeat (with some added distance down the lines, of course.

Originally posted by FishFF View Post
                Yeah, we gon be Padres-lite
                We'll be worse, since the humidity weighs the ball down.
                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                - Daft

Comment

Whatever. It's neither a positive or a negative. Both teams have to play under the same conditions, it doesn't give anyone an advantage, so I don't really get into that discussion. I'd prefer a nuetral park, but I don't care either way
                  poop

Comment

Mike Stanton's power knows no bounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                      Whatever. It's neither a positive or a negative. Both teams have to play under the same conditions, it doesn't give anyone an advantage, so I don't really get into that discussion. I'd prefer a nuetral park, but I don't care either way
                      Um, what
                      - Daft

Comment

Both teams have to play in the park, so it doesn't inherently give one team an advantage. Oh, you can build your team to suit the park, but as the past few years have shown, the team you have is more important than what type of park you play in.

I would personally prefer a neutral park, but i don't really care one way or the other. I'm not going to jump for joy or curse because we are going to play in an absurdly over the top pitchers park.
                        poop

Comment

The team you have and the park you play in aren't mutually exclusive, though, at all. Especially when you have 100 games (minimum) booked for pitcher's parks in the division per season.
                          - Daft

Comment

Haven't we booked 100 games (minimum) the past few years in pitchers parks and haven't we still hit home runs and stuff?

The team you have is far more important than where you play. It's not like this park is only going to help our pitchers.
                            --------------------
                            Haven't we booked 100 games (minimum) the past few years in pitchers parks and haven't we still hit home runs and stuff?

The team you have is far more important than where you play. It's not like this park is only going to help our pitchers.
                            Last edited by Bobbob1313; 08-14-2009, 04:44 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                            poop

Comment

Hasn't Beinfest also said that the mold of this particular team (one sample out of 30) is supposed to be pitching and defense? Our power hitters are either gone (Jacobs), on their way out (Uggla), or the man himself (Hanley time).
                              - Daft

Comment

Working...
                              X