Pujolsapalooza: Multiple Reports - 10 Year Contract with Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 years is absolutely bonkers

also, opening night against the cardinals will be bonkers (with or without pujols)

Comment

• Pujols will be there one way or another though.

Comment

• I imagine we'll be shedding some salary if we land him. Don't know howwe'll manage $110-120.

What happens if he retires before the contract is up? Does he still get what he's owed?

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
          Pujols will be there one way or another though.
          not sure this was up for debate

Comment

• THE DOMINICANS ARE COMING ! THE DOMINICANS ARE COMING!
            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
              I imagine we'll be shedding some salary if we land him. Don't know howwe'll manage $110-120.

What happens if he retires before the contract is up? Does he still get what he's owed?
              I've wondered this and this is exactly why frontloading a contract to him worries me.

Comment

I imagine we'll be shedding some salary if we land him. Don't know howwe'll manage $110-120.

No, only if the seasons he's already played included deferred dollars (he'd then get the deferred money).

Comment

I believe if he retires, the contract is void. (Gil Meche did this with the Royals, remember?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                    not sure this was up for debate
                    Death, dismemberment, abduction (whether by aliens or South American terrorist guerrillas), all possibilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
                      I believe if he retires, the contract is void. (Gil Meche did this with the Royals, remember?)
                      Gil Meche gave up his money.

The contract is not void.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
                        So let's pray the man is incredibly prideful and hangs them up at the first sign of slippage.
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                        Gil Meche gave up his money.

The contract is not void.
                        Or not.
                        Last edited by Mainge; 12-06-2011, 11:36 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Mainge, I can envision the Marlins struggling to turn a profit over the next 3 or 4 years, but I think they are going to bank on the average growth in league revenues remaining the same and making the backend of the contract very tolerable.

It is completely realistic to say in 5 years the average ML team's payroll is ~$115 million.

The highest payroll in 2001 was $109,000,000. In 2011 it was $201,000,000.

Comment

• Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal
                            Sources: #Marlins will not relent completely on no-trade for Pujols Compromise possible. Pujols will want significant deterrent. #MLB
                            twitter

Comment

• I just woke up. I can't keep up with all this. It's surreal.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                                twitter
                                Deterrent? Like what?
                                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                                - Daft

Comment

Working...
                                X