No announcement yet.

2013 Trade Deadline Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He was moving to third base, no? We don't exactly have a ton of options there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
      He was moving to third base, no? We don't exactly have a ton of options there.
      Well that would be perfect, but I'll believe it when I see it after they've put him in the outfield for 5 years. He'd make between JP and Polanco money next year which would be more than acceptable gamble for a year for that position. I can't see them paying that money to a 5th OF behind Yelich, Ozuna, Stanton and Ruggiano. Plus Marisnick and Silverio doing whatever.

Comment

• Well he was going to move to third before he got hurt.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Just looked at some video of Chris Reed. It would be special to receive him in return.

Fernandez
          Heaney
          Nicolino
          Turner
          Reed

If all these guys turn out to be as good as projected, we are going to be very good for many years. I can't wait for it to begin.
          Last edited by Big Z; 06-27-2013, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
            Well that would be perfect, but I'll believe it when I see it after they've put him in the outfield for 5 years. He'd make between JP and Polanco money next year which would be more than acceptable gamble for a year for that position. I can't see them paying that money to a 5th OF behind Yelich, Ozuna, Stanton and Ruggiano. Plus Marisnick and Silverio doing whatever.
            He was going to play there before his DL stint, I think. I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope he comes back and is given a shot to play there.

Because, why the fuck not?

Comment

• Ed Lucas doe

Comment

• I can't speak for everyone, boys......but when the Ed Lucas era comes to close it's gonna sting a little. It's been a long time since I've rooted for a Marlin this hard.

#Dartmouth

Comment

• He is fun to root for.

Comment

• He's been pretty damn good so far. It won't last, but I wouldn't mind him possibly platooning with Coghlan when he returns, and maybe a utility guy down the road. With all these lefty infielders we have now and down the road (Morrison, Coghlan, Dietrich, and Moran) I think he'd be a useful guy to have around. Plus he's not Solano.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                      He was going to play there before his DL stint, I think. I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope he comes back and is given a shot to play there.

Because, why the fuck not?
                      I am 100% with you, give him a shot. He has no future in the outfield in this organization.
                      --------------------
                      But I just don't see it happening. He needs to get back and have a good 6+ weeks for them to seriously consider paying his arb tender next year. Maybe they could make a deal with him for cheaper as its not like he's get a lot on open market, nor get the playing time potential at 3B if the Marlins are willing to commit to him. Guess we'll see. Lets hope Moran is up summer 2015.
                      Last edited by lou; 06-28-2013, 08:01 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Sounds like talks for Garza are heating up. I am assuming teams will now wait on Nolasco until Garza is dealt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                          Sounds like talks for Garza are heating up. I am assuming teams will now wait on Nolasco until Garza is dealt.
                          Nope cause Garza is gonna cost alot more than Nolasco. Reports were that Chicago asked for Zach Lee in a Garza deal while we are ok with a Reed,Garcia,Withrow package. Garza is gonna cost teams a TOP prospect while Nolasco will cost a Prospect from 7-10

The holdup on Nolasco seems to be that we don't wanna pay his salary and teams want us to pay some if we want a good prospect back. Looks like 4 teams are still on him-LAD,SF,Texas and SD (if he would consider resigning)

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            Nope cause Garza is gonna cost alot more than Nolasco. Reports were that Chicago asked for Zach Lee in a Garza deal while we are ok with a Reed,Garcia,Withrow package. Garza is gonna cost teams a TOP prospect while Nolasco will cost a Prospect from 7-10

The holdup on Nolasco seems to be that we don't wanna pay his salary and teams want us to pay some if we want a good prospect back. Looks like 4 teams are still on him-LAD,SF,Texas and SD (if he would consider resigning)
                            Sounds like the typical Marlins. Just pay half his salary and get someone who can actually contribute to the club next year instead if some mop up AAAA player.

I'm sure if they eat half of that contract, they can even get a top 4-5 prospect in an organization, given that a bidding war unfolds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                              Sounds like the typical Marlins. Just pay half his salary and get someone who can actually contribute to the club next year instead if some mop up AAAA player.

I'm sure if they eat half of that contract, they can even get a top 4-5 prospect in an organization, given that a bidding war unfolds.
                              The thing is for a Top 5 prospect u can get Gallardo/Garza instead of a rental like Nolasco. If LAD had a package around Zach Lee and 2 or 3 other prospects they could just get Garza

Ricky is gonna get u a 7-10 prospect plus another 1 or 2 and there is already a bidding war for him which is why this has dragged on 4 days. It started with 6-8 teams and is down to like 4 who are OK with either no cash or IFA/Little cash in the deal.

Comment

• via insider:

The trade buzz for Miami Marlins right-hander Ricky Nolasco has heated up this week and the latest comes from FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal, who reported Thursday night that the Los Angeles Dodgers have major competition right in their own division.

The San Diego Padres and San Francisco Giants are the Dodgers' top rivals for Nolasco, and Rosenthal adds that the Baltimore Orioles, while still in it, don't feel confident they're a major player, and that the Rockies are not a factor any longer.

Rosenthal also writes that the Texas Rangers are a also a possibility and that Cubs right-hander Matt Garza is another potential target for clubs looking for starting pitching.

If the Giants acquire Nolasco or Garza or any starting pitcher this summer it will be interesting to see what changes they make to their current rotation. Tim Lincecum has struggled again for the better part of the season and could be a significant addition to the club's bullpen.

The Dodgers presumably would use an acquisition in place of Stephen Fife and if Josh Beckett gets healthy and returns, Chris Capuano could return to the bullpen. Robbie Erlin figures to be the odd-man out if the Padres add a proven starter.
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X