No announcement yet.

Selling Time: Marlins Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee, to me, is being a complete douche. Like dude, go somewhere else.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Are you serious?

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Exactly what they are trying to do,Samson/Loria/Beinfest won't say it but we are actually playing for 2014 with next year been another "rebuild". They want guys who in 2014 will be ready to go which is why they were not to motivated to move guys who's contract expire after 2013,they would love to move JJ,Buck,Bell but no big issue right now.

The only guys we really wanna keep that are on the team now are Stanton,Reyes,Boner,LoMo,Buehrle,Cishek, and the young guys we just got
        2014 makes sense as they will have gotten initial experience time out of presumably Turner, Eovaldi, Brantly, Cishek, Dunn, Hand, Cox, even Morrison and Stanton solidifying themselves, etc., and you gotta feel they really want most of Yelich, Fernandez, Conley, Ozuna, and C. James to be making debuts that year, so that makes sense on when the wave of youth takes over to compliment Reyes/Buerhle/Bonifacio/Bell/presumably a big CF as the 'veterans' on the team.

But they need to have a good 2013. They can't just tank it. They need to go out and sign a long term CF, get stopgaps for 3B and LF, and bring in 2-3 guys for the bench and bullpen. All of those can be 1 year deals besides the CF, and that is a solid projectable team, and still lines it up for "2014." It would be a terrible business decision not to set up the team to succeed immediately and show the fan base this isn't same old shit and they are looking to save an extra $15 million bucks instead of fixing the last few holes on the team with real stopgaps and not Reggie Abercrombies. That doesn't mean keep JJ either. They could trade him, just replace him with a veteran starter. They need to do significant things in 2013, that's all I'm saying.

Also, I think they are very motivated to move any payroll so they can use it in any other way. JJ, Buck, and Nolasco all expire 2013, and they'd move any for a reasonable package.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
          2014 makes sense as they will have gotten initial experience time out of presumably Turner, Eovaldi, Brantly, Cishek, Dunn, Hand, Cox, even Morrison and Stanton solidifying themselves, etc., and you gotta feel they really want most of Yelich, Fernandez, Conley, Ozuna, and C. James to be making debuts that year, so that makes sense on when the wave of youth takes over to compliment Reyes/Buerhle/Bonifacio/Bell/presumably a big CF as the 'veterans' on the team.

But they need to have a good 2013. They can't just tank it. They need to go out and sign a long term CF, get stopgaps for 3B and LF, and bring in 2-3 guys for the bench and bullpen. All of those can be 1 year deals besides the CF, and that is a solid projectable team, and still lines it up for "2014." It would be a terrible business decision not to set up the team to succeed immediately and show the fan base this isn't same old shit and they are looking to save an extra $15 million bucks instead of fixing the last few holes on the team with real stopgaps and not Reggie Abercrombies. That doesn't mean keep JJ either. They could trade him, just replace him with a veteran starter. They need to do significant things in 2013, that's all I'm saying.

Also, I think they are very motivated to move any payroll so they can use it in any other way. JJ, Buck, and Nolasco all expire 2013, and they'd move any for a reasonable package.
          Ya I don't think they will tank it but I also dont see us "trying" to do anything. Like u said a few 1 yr contracts or minor league deals and maybe someone pans out like Ruggiano. What I was trying to say is they realize the younger guys will be ready in 2014 and they are gonna position the team to fit that. I don't expect Buck,JJ to be here and if Nolasco shows anything he will prolly be dealt too. Heath Bell I don't see on the team in 2014,they tried way to hard to trade him and if they try during the offseason and are willing to eat some salary he is most likey gone

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
            Are you serious?
            I mean I understand he has the right to use his no-trade clause, but it's just somewhat annoying now.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
              Lee, to me, is being a complete douche. Like dude, go somewhere else.
              Well he wanted 2 things#1 Go to to a Contender and #2 go somewhere and PLAY,his thing was if he goes to Pitt or NYY he will be a bench player(which he should be) and may have to play OF some which he had no interest. If Tex is out for the season instead of just a week he would prolly be up there right now.

If any 1B on a contender gets hurt between now and Sept 1 and is done for the year don't be surprised if Lee is moved there either on waivers or dealt. The same goes for Buck,we want to lose that contract fast

Comment

• Hypothetically if they move Buck, I can't imagine they are that confident in Brantly right away. They'd have to sign a veteran right handed catcher anyways. Moving Buck's salary (cause they will have to eat some) a wash.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                  Hypothetically if they move Buck, I can't imagine they are that confident in Brantly right away. They'd have to sign a veteran right handed catcher anyways. Moving Buck's salary (cause they will have to eat some) a wash.
                  No idea I just know they were telling teams they would trade him however they don't wanna pay a dime. THe only guy that we would pay on is Heath Bell. That is the biggest reason we dealt Hanley to LA instead of Oakland
                  Last edited by tjfla; 08-02-2012, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Carlos Lee has just been put on waivers,so could be dealt sooner rather than later or just could leave

Comment

• Any reason why Cliff Lee is on waivers?

Comment

• Because basically every player gets placed on waivers.

Comment

• Two chances for the Marlins to turn a quick profit on a sale of veteran first baseman Carlos Lee failed before the deadline when Lee rejected a trade to the Yankees, and the Marlins and Orioles couldn't agree on the cash price.

According to sources, the Yankees agreed to buy Lee for $1 million before the deadline before Lee, invoking his 14-team no-trade list, rejected that trade to stay in Miami with the Marlins. In another try, the Marlins sought $2.5 million from the Orioles for Lee, a scource said, but Baltimore declined that offer. The Orioles may not be on the no-trade list but it never came to that.

Had the Marlins completed either deal, they would have made a quick cash profit since their deal with the Astros required them to pay the pro-rated portion of the $480,000 minimum salary. Lee makes $18.5 million this year, so Houston is on the hook for more than $18 million.

Lee could still wind up going somewhere since he's sure to pass through waivers, which would allow the Marlins to resume their sale of him. ESPN first reported the Yankees possibility.

The Marlins traded a few veterans in July, including star Hanley Ramirez, but their attempted sale of Lee was a slightly different situation.
                          http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jo...t-the-deadline

Comment

• Not really trade discussion but this is about Carlos Lee. Remember I said we might sign a vet 1B for 2014 and leave LoMo in LF. Well it looks like the plan is to RESIGN Carlos Lee.

It is said to be a 2 yr deal with team option for 2014 and probably will be done this offseason

Comment

• This front office is truly terrible.

Comment

• I guess Beinfest is staying?

Comment

Working...
                                X