Help a Fellow Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
    My wording was solely influenced by Flum inferring that your hello was not sincere. Seeing that you reacted to my wording rather passionately, I see that your hello was indeed sincere, and I retract my "bigger man" statement. As that matter has now been cleared and fully explained, I would like to offer a hello without any hint of doing so for appearances or political motivation.
    --------------------

I will find out.

If i know a little bit, he probably had the 32 bit version which is a watered down "Kool-aid", where as the 64 bit has more graphics and more features as well as better graphics.

64 Bit= Professional's typically use it and used to make presentations and all types of junk.
    32 Bit= Usually for mothers and kids not looking to do more then surf the net, play a little in photoshop, and do homework.

In short, if you sent him the 64 bit (a good version too) he can't fit it onto his computer.

Round Peg, Square hole type of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ducks34 View Post
      If i know a little bit, he probably had the 32 bit version which is a watered down "Kool-aid", where as the 64 bit has more graphics and more features as well as better graphics.

64 Bit= Professional's typically use it and used to make presentations and all types of junk.
      32 Bit= Usually for mothers and kids not looking to do more then surf the net, play a little in photoshop, and do homework.

In short, if you sent him the 64 bit (a good version too) he can't fit it onto his computer.

Round Peg, Square hole type of thing.
      I have a feeling that you are right.
      This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
      Edmonton Ice Bats
      2007 Teal League Wildcard
      2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
      2010 Teal League Wildcard
      2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
        I have a feeling that you are right.
        Best option is for him to get his hands on a legit version of windows Xp from a friend or download it off of the internet. Then look for a Volume License Key, which is a cd key that can be used a million times.

Best place to look for that is the computers at your school.

Find out what version they have (Probably the 32 bit xp), and take the cd key off the back of the computer.

Or look on the system files for it.
        --------------------
        Or, he can go to best buy with 300 bucks.

And ask about an open box laptop. Then turn around and sell his as is on ebay to recover some money.

Thats what I did. New Laptop cost was 100 after everything was said and done.
        --------------------
        What type of computer does he have?
        Last edited by penis34; 10-06-2009, 05:51 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

thanks for the help guys, I actually got the XP to install and it is working. But now my issue is that I have no drivers for my ethernet or wireless card. so I have a perfectly good laptop now but no internet access... If anyone knows any way around this problem I will be set...thanks again for the disk and help knuckelballs.

ps my laptop is : compaq presario V6000 it now has xp professional
          You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

DL the drivers from another computer, put them on your laptop (CD, external HD, thumb drive, etc) and go
            CSBC Commish

Comment

That is probably how I am gonna have to do it but I gotta find another pc to use lol, my othe pc is over 200 miles away and I cant get it for a while
              You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub858 View Post
                That is probably how I am gonna have to do it but I gotta find another pc to use lol, my othe pc is over 200 miles away and I cant get it for a while
                A public library and a Flash Drive? A friend who can download them, and burn them to a CD and mail them?

There are ways around it. Heck, even call compaq.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "KnuckleBalls" is easily the best username on the site.

Comment

Did you get it figured out?

Comment

well, I talked to my brother and hes gonna let me use his pc this weekend...so hopefully that will work.

Comment

Well, I know it is taking me forever to get this fixed but. My dad met this guy at church today who owns a computer repair shop... he told my dad for me to bring it over and he will fix it for free...so hopefully sometime this week my pc will be working :] depends on when he can start/finish it...with it being free it may be on the back burner

Comment

Originally posted by pdub858 View Post
                          Well, I know it is taking me forever to get this fixed but. My dad met this guy at church today who owns a computer repair shop... he told my dad for me to bring it over and he will fix it for free...so hopefully sometime this week my pc will be working :] depends on when he can start/finish it...with it being free it may be on the back burner
                          If you go to school, check for a windows upgrade promotion. You may get windows 7 for 30 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                          X