• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell us why.

Comment

It's a good trade piece.

Comment

I agree, I meant that the limit should be removed and that you should be able to trade as much cap as you're able to trade while still paying everyones salary.

Comment

I like the idea of some kind of luxury tax if we're going to do that. Like, every dollar above $75 counts twice against the cap. So you could theoretically trade for $25 mil in cap space to get to $100, but it would be counting against the luxury tax.

Just adds another level of strategy in building your team.
          poop

Comment

I am for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
              I agree, I meant that the limit should be removed and that you should be able to trade as much cap as you're able to trade while still paying everyones salary.
              Oh, I agree with that.

Comment

I am in agreeance with bobrob
                *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

Maybe we structure it like this.

Each team has a cap of $75. Any team can trade any amount of that cap as long as they are under that for payroll.

The luxury tax kicks in at $80. So each team can still act how it currently does and get to $80. However, if you go over $80, every dollar spent counts twice.

So let's say you are at $76, and you add a guy making $12. Ostensibly, your payroll is at $88 million, but you would actually need to acquire up to $96 million due to the tax.

That way, if a player wants to go for broke completely, he can, but there would be a steep price to pay for that.
                  poop

Comment

Love that.

Comment

Yeah I think that's a good structure.

Comment

Not a fan...

I don't see what is wrong with a solid cap. If you cannot make the sacrifice to get under cap so be it.
                        -----
                        Also I propose a cap on individual players. This would prevent people from front or back loading contracts beyond a certain point. Also place a cap on bonuses.

I propose a $25M per year per player cap and a $5M TOTAL bonus cap.
                        I would be fine with tweaking the bonus cap but I think anything over $25 per is crazy for a $75 M cap.

I would like to see this put in place if the salary cap that is in place now or the one proposed by Bob is in use.
                        You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

What reasoning do you have behind that?

Comment

I agree with pdub that players have somewhat ridiculous demands regarding their annual salaries when they hit FA. Just look at Reyes this year, there's no way he'll ever be worth the money he got but some team's cap is totally crunched by him now. That's why I proposed raising the salary cap, and it's why I agree with bob's proposed structure. It allows for those who wish to spend exorbitantly to do so and still maintain a full team, but at a cost - adds another element of strategy and depth.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub858 View Post
                              A draft pick thread (Something to keep track of draft pick movement and ownership)

A POSTED sim schedule thread: So we will know which commissioner is running the sim and most importantly WHEN the sim is scheduled for.

A "revamped" financial thread. This thread already exists but it needs to be properly maintained and frequently updated when needed.

Just clipped out the actual suggestions from my other post.
                              draft pick thread is a good idea. Would you be interested in helping us maintain it?

There won't be an exact sim schedule, the days they happen are the most exact we can get. PWG runs the sims and I run them if he's incapacitated.

All DH league is something I wouldn't be against and actually for as one of the owners of a non-DH team - Would be up to the owners of the non-DH league.
                              --------------------
                              Originally posted by Moss View Post
                              I agree with pdub that players have somewhat ridiculous demands regarding their annual salaries when they hit FA. Just look at Reyes this year, there's no way he'll ever be worth the money he got but some team's cap is totally crunched by him now. That's why I proposed raising the salary cap, and it's why I agree with bob's proposed structure. It allows for those who wish to spend exorbitantly to do so and still maintain a full team, but at a cost - adds another element of strategy and depth.
                              Just because he had a asking price of that much does not mean that he would have signed for that much; They sign the best deal possible. Reyes got as much as he did because it was the most an owner would throw his way.
                              Last edited by nny; 03-02-2011, 12:21 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                                draft pick thread is a good idea. Would you be interested in helping us maintain it?

Absolutely. Though I will not be able to start on it until my new internet connection is up and running in a few days.
                                You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

Working...
                                X