CSBC Rules: Now Taking Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSBC Rules: Now Taking Suggestions

The Rules Committee is taking suggestions on specific areas that should be addressed in the new constitution.

A draft pick thread (Something to keep track of draft pick movement and ownership)

A POSTED sim schedule thread: So we will know which commissioner is running the sim and most importantly WHEN the sim is scheduled for.

A "revamped" financial thread. This thread already exists but it needs to be properly maintained and frequently updated when needed.

Just clipped out the actual suggestions from my other post.
    You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

The sim calander is a must.

Comment

Peedubs can correct me if I'm wrong but an exact sim schedule is pretty improbable. Obviously sims are Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday and PWG and Nny alternate sims, but I think it's unreasonable to make them set an exact time and commit to it.

I propose a solution to the 'funny business' I drunkenly did when signing Duran. Basically, make the owner dump said player into free agency and exclude him from signing that player. Repeat offenders should be stripped of their first round pick. If they don't have one, take the next two years.

Comment

Once a deal is agreed to publicly by both teams, it is final, as long as it doesn't violate any league rules.
          poop

Comment

I know an "exact" sim schedule is not possible. I know the commissioners have their lives. But a solid schedule to go on would be very use full. If there needs to be a change then cross that bridge when we get there.
            You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
              Peedubs can correct me if I'm wrong but an exact sim schedule is pretty improbable. Obviously sims are Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday and PWG and Nny alternate sims, but I think it's unreasonable to make them set an exact time and commit to it.

I propose a solution to the 'funny business' I drunkenly did when signing Duran. Basically, make the owner dump said player into free agency and exclude him from signing that player. Repeat offenders should be stripped of their first round pick. If they don't have one, take the next two years.
              See i didn't know (I am new) that Sims happened on those days, is that the same for spring training or only for regular season.

Comment

Anything more than the day of sim isn't all that necessary.

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                Once a deal is agreed to publicly by both teams, it is final, as long as it doesn't violate any league rules.
                I disagree. It should be tentative until the trade is actually input.

I think that the commissioners should have the power to void a trade if it goes against the spirit of the league. An example being a completely unbalanced trade (collusion) or if Ralph had decided not to graciously accept the trade and instead wanted it void, Peedubs should have the power to veto the trade. If that happens for whatever reason, owners should have the power to reinstate the trade with majority vote to serve as a check. Peedubs is known to be power hungry.
                --------------------
                Originally posted by Mcost002 View Post
                See i didn't know (I am new) that Sims happened on those days, is that the same for spring training or only for regular season.
                Bobbob should tell you these things. That goes for the whole year, although playoffs usually go faster.
                Last edited by Mainge; 02-28-2011, 11:41 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Playoff sim schedule is actually "When all the participating teams have exported" generally. But I check and double check to make sure that they're ready.
                  CSBC Commish

Comment

Increase the salary cap

Yeah, I went there
                    *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

All DH league. I would love to have the DH but there is no way for me to really move to that league or anything to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Moss View Post
                        Increase the salary cap

Yeah, I went there
                        Not happening. The salary structure is entirely fine the way it is.
                        CSBC Commish

Comment

I disagree. It should be tentative until the trade is actually input.

I think that the commissioners should have the power to void a trade if it goes against the spirit of the league. An example being a completely unbalanced trade (collusion) or if Ralph had decided not to graciously accept the trade and instead wanted it void, Peedubs should have the power to veto the trade. If that happens for whatever reason, owners should have the power to reinstate the trade with majority vote to serve as a check. Peedubs is known to be power hungry.
                          I'm talking more about the idea that an owner can rescind any trade once posted publicly if he receives a better offer. That to me undermines the whole idea of publicly posting your agreement to a trade.

If the commissioner deems a trade inherently unfair and suspects foul play, that's one thing. But I don't think owners should be able to take back their acceptance of a trade because a better offer came along after the fact. Because if that's the case, then why post them publicly at all?
                          poop

Comment

Originally posted by Moss View Post
                            Increase the salary cap

Yeah, I went there
                            Nah but I do think the 5m cash trade limit should be removed. As is now, it's a waste to not max out the cap every season.

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                            I'm talking more about the idea that an owner can rescind any trade once posted publicly if he receives a better offer. That to me undermines the whole idea of publicly posting your agreement to a trade.

If the commissioner deems a trade inherently unfair and suspects foul play, that's one thing. But I don't think owners should be able to take back their acceptance of a trade because a better offer came along after the fact. Because if that's the case, then why post them publicly at all?
                            I am in agreement.

Comment

Nah but I do think the 5m cash trade limit should be removed. As is now, it's a waste to not max out the cap every season.
                              I think it should stay.

Comment

Working...
                              X