No announcement yet.

Revamping the Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if I have read this right your saying banking combines two seasons yes?

So the 3rd season you have say a 100mil cap cause you were 25mil under total..

Now you spend that 100mil total you go into the 4th season with a 75mil cap or a 100mil cap? cause more than likely you have to sign these guys to multi yr deals. If this is the case I don't like the idea of banking. I believe we need to figure out how to get more time for free agency so all relevant teams can make offers and respond back to the players demands.

Comment

And if I want to go for broke and spend 110 million in one year and 40 million the next, can I?
      poop

Comment

RE: AdamRavs
        You go into Season 4 with $75 million again. The single-season banking is simply to give a team something when they miss out on free agents given that the system is so prong to error. It lets the team net a veteran player who wont get offered a multi-year deal. Like a 39-40 yr old player.

RE: Bobbob
        Yes, you should be able to go for broke with a $110 million season if you had a $40 million season last year.

Comment

I don't like it.. We just need to work on the FA process allowing to get a chance to up their offer.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
            RE: Bobbob
            Yes, you should be able to go for broke with a $110 million season if you had a $40 million season last year.
            When do you decide when it starts?

Like, if I go 70 million this year and 45 next, I can't go 105 the third year, can I?
            poop

Comment

No.

If you spend $70 million in Season One. You would get a salary cap of $80 million in Season 2.

If you only spent $40 million in Season 2, you'd only get the difference between $75 mil and $40 mil, not $80 mil for Season 3.

You can never continue to bank payroll from season to season. The extra $5 mil you got in Season 2 is either used for Season 2 payroll or it is lost money.

Comment

Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
                I don't want to gloss over the fact that if you take free agency away from the program, you eliminate the "Desire for a winning team" rating from every player. By doing this, you make it favorable to cut costs, tank for a season or two and offer huge contracts that other teams can't match to vets to supplement your young players that you attained through firesales and top draft picks.
                I just did this WITH the free agency in game, both in this league and TBBC lol

That doesn't keep it from happening at all
                --------------------
                Also, I'm not particularly a fan of banking. I think free agency needs an overhaul itself, banking doesn't fix the problem that you get a one-and-done offer majority of the time.
                Last edited by nny; 02-10-2010, 09:14 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                  Also, I'm not particularly a fan of banking. I think free agency needs an overhaul itself, banking doesn't fix the problem that you get a one-and-done offer majority of the time.
                  Agreed completely. Banking just leads to ridiculous offers that may get outbid anyways, and then you end up (potentially) with 1 year, 30M contracts
                  CSBC Commish

Comment

I'm with the Italian on this.

If a team has one season of $200M in payroll it is because they had several previous seasons where payroll was absurdly low.
                    --------------------
                    Sandro not PWG.
                    --------------------
                    If we have a no limit banking system the cap would have to come down.
                    Last edited by Party; 02-10-2010, 09:36 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Yea, I'd be in favor of Sandro's approach, but my suggestion was hopefully a compromise option that would be amenable to nearly every owner.

Comment

Two years is not enough time.

Something like 90% of the previous season's banked cap space (BCS), 60% of BCS from two seasons ago and 50% of BCS from three seasons ago, 40% from 4 seasons ago, 20% from 5 seasons ago and 0% from 6 years is something an owner can really play around with.
                        Last edited by Party; 02-10-2010, 10:15 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

You guys are kind of just dancing around the improvement, which is to make the offseason longer, I think THAT works the best... there's no precedent, iirc, for salary capped leagues allowing rollover of financials from one year to the next... if you don't spend it all, oh well.

Use the money you have to extend your current guys worth extending.
                          CSBC Commish

Comment

Who cares if there is no precedent.

Comment

I wouldn't mind getting rid of the cap all together honestly and turning it into a 75m budget. If I have 20m in extra finances I should be able to trade it all away for more assets. I think this would help teams from wasting extra cap space without the whole banking salary.

Comment

Working...
                              X