Awards Voting Discussion/Nominations Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awards Voting Discussion/Nominations Thread

Nominate up to 5, but no less than 3 players per category in this thread, so you'll need 3-5 BL/TL ROY/MVP/Cy candidates

You can sort statistics by choosing the CSBC tab and then Statistics, you can further sort by league, hitting, pitching and rookies for the previous groups.

The candidates are as follows

TL Cy Young - CC Sabathia, Aaron Cook, Felix Hernandez, Johan Santana, Josh Beckett
    TL Rookie of the Year - Tim Lincecum, Joakim Soria, Stephen Drew, Ian Kinsler, Dan Uggla
    TL MVP - Adrian Gonzalez, Albert Pujols, Grady Sizemore, Jim Thome, Miguel Cabrera

BL Cy Young - Josh Johnson, Cole Hamels, Roy Halladay, Joe Saunders, Jake Westbrook
    BL Rookie of the Year - Josh Johnson, Cole Hamels, Nick Markakis, Carlos Quentin, Josh Hamilton
    BL MVP - Prince Fielder, Nick Markakis, Alex Rodriguez, Ryan Howard, David Wright

And yes, "Write-in" votes for awards will be accepted if I overlooked someone of significance.
    CSBC Commish

Nook Logan with the Gold Glove! He was a nice surprise for me this year. I would have liked to see him play all year (he missed a month because of injury). Maybe we would have finished with a better record since he was, by far, my best lead off man and one of the top hitters on my team.

Comment

Where is the love for Stephen Drew? Easily ROY... Also, as his GM, I can say for sure that Dan Uggla did NOT deserve consideration.
      *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

Originally posted by Moss View Post
        Where is the love for Stephen Drew? Easily ROY... Also, as his GM, I can say for sure that Dan Uggla did NOT deserve consideration.
        I'm with you, too. I can't believe Morneau was left out over Wright. Yes, they both had awesome numbers but Morneau took over the #3 spot in the order late in the season and finish in second place in homers.
        Last edited by PitchingWinsGames; 01-24-2010, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
          I'm with you, too. I can't believe Morneau was left out over Wright. Yes, they both had awesome numbers but Morneau took over the #3 spot in the order late in the season and finish in second place in homers.
          Wright had outstanding production plus premium defense at a more important position and was far and away the better all around player, which is why his VORP (which is basically what I looked at) was higher.

Same for Uggla, top 3 in VORP for a rookie AND had gold glove defense
          CSBC Commish

Comment

I'm not saying that David sucked. He was my best player this year (and got my vote because I was being a good owner). I was just curious why he got picked over Morneau. Thanks for explaining.

Comment

Originally posted by PitchingWinsGames View Post
              Wright had outstanding production plus premium defense at a more important position and was far and away the better all around player, which is why his VORP (which is basically what I looked at) was higher.

Same for Uggla, top 3 in VORP for a rookie AND had gold glove defense
              Having painfully sat through a full season of looking at Uggla's stats, I can tell you that he sucked until the last month/month and a half when he finished rather strong. Drew was consistently better throughout the year... And the GG, well, that's just mind-blowing.
              *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

Well, looks like we're going to have the CPU decide awards because I missed the manual input date... that being said, we'll just pretend we did the AP awards or something... league file update forthcoming
                CSBC Commish

Comment

Working...
                X